Chapter 1: Brussel Sprouts

I picked up the phone on the third ring to my best friend screaming through the phone.

I rolled my eyes. "What do you want, Evie?" I grumbled.

"Well someone's happy today, isn't she?" Sarcasm thick in her voice.

"Ugh, shut up." I say. "So, what's up?" Trying to move the conversation along from me being grumpy.

"Guess. What." She's trying to keep from screaming again, thank gosh.

"What?" I ask, still getting ready for school.

"Luke and Jason are coming to New Zealand for the Upload Tour!" She can barely contain her excitement.

I scream.

She screams.

My mum walks in the room, screaming.

"Ugh, brussel sprouts." This was our word we use for situations where it could turn awkward because others are around, so we drop it.

"Ugh, okay," she mumbles from the other end.

"I'll catch you at the train station, yeah?" I say.

"Yep. Seeya then, faggot." She says, the usual Evie.

"Aww, I love you too!" I say rolling my eyes.

She chuckles and then I'm only left with the dial tone.

I put my phone down, just as my mum asks, "Was that Evie?"

I nod my head, figuring out ways in my head to earn extra money apart from my job at the kennels looking after the puppies that get put there for the day.

"Aren't you going to see her in half an hour? What is so important that she must ring you now?" She hassles me.

"You know how we like LukeIsNoySexy, veeoneeye, pattyxwalters, bribry and Emma Blackery?" I ask her.

She waits for a second before nodding.

"They're coming to New Zealand! " I squeal.

My mum puts her hands on my sholders and I give her a questioning glance.

"You were jumping up and down." She states.

Meh, seems legit.

She waves and walks out of my room while I put my hair into pigtails and grabbed my bag which I packed last night.

I then took a left down my hall and down the stairs and right into the kitchen to grab an up and go.

I then cut through my living room and run out the door to the train station down the road.