Chapter Three

As if being awaken by a splash of cold water, the prince immediately removes his lips, staring wide eye at Astra. Dazed yet burning inside Astra unconsciously touches her lips, looking at the prince who seemed to be panicking.

"I am so sorry Astra" he apologized looking guiltily at her, still hovering over her. Without warning she grabs his face and latches her lip onto his. The weeks of pining over him overflowing in the kiss. Getting over his initial shock, the prince returns the kiss with just as much vigor. They both felt a burning that seemed to get hotter and needer, pushing them closer. Sliding his hands along her curves, he grabs onto her waist, pulling her as close as possible. Forgetting her lips for a moment he showers her neck with kisses and bites, occasionally sucking on it, encourage a moan to pass her delicious lips. One of his hands drops lower than her waist, finding bare skin under her dress, leaving a trail of fire in their wake. Pushing it higher and higher, reveal more of her beautiful skin to the prince, while his other hand caresses her breast happily.

"Oliver" she breathless calls out to him, making him wish he had told her his real name. Under the roaring sky sounds of pleasure and content mixed into the night, skin against skin fending of the cold that seeps into the room. Breathless and slick with sweat the two lay in bed, naked under the quilts holding each other.

"That was nice" Astra hums, playing with the princes fingers. He mumbles an agreement, looking down at her with a lazy grin.

"You think your werewolf friends heard you" he ask mischievously. Red with embarrassment, she turns on her back and lightly smacks his arm.

"Oliver" she playfully scolds, making him laugh.

"Alright! Alright! they probably didn't hear. which is all the more reason to continue." he says disappearing under the quilt.

Trapped in the house for the next week, Astra and the prince could not keep their hands off each other. Soon enough the skies are clear, and Astra both welcomed it and dread it. Welcomed it because she can finally tend to her garden and dread it for the possible departure of the prince. They never spoke about it, simply enjoyed the time they had together, that was until one morning when the prince ask her a question over breakfast.

"Why haven't you questioned me as to why I was in your garden that day you found me?" the prince ask curiously. Astra looks at him and shrugs her shoulders.

"I never get visitors and I know about my roses' popularity among the kingdoms when I use to visit. So aside from wanting to behead me, I assume you came for a rose." she simply said. The prince remains quite after this.

"However I would like to know who it was for?" Astra speaks aloud.

"I mean if that's not being intrusive of course" She quickly adds in concern. Once again the prince was conflicted and lied.

"Well, the rose was actually for my kingdom's princess. You see she is very ill and the king promised to help my family and I if I managed to successful retrieve a rose. My family recently fell into some hard ship, so I had no choice. To be quite honest, I never expected to find you and fall in love " the prince twists the truth only to genuinely mean his last three words. Blushing, Astra continues to eat, however frowns in concern.

"So you need to return with the rose soon, if there is any chance of your family being saved?" Astra ask, a feeling sympathy and sadness mixing in the pit of her stomach. The prince hesitantly nods his head, feeling awful for lying to the kind and gentle woman he fell in love with. Biting her lips and looking out the window at her garden, Astra releases a sigh and gave the prince a sad smile, making his heart sink.

"Well, as much as I want to keep you here, you need to help your family. I'll give you the rose for the princess." Astra says getting up from her chair, her plate in hand.

"Really, you'd do that for me?" the prince as in surprise. Astra looks at him slightly offended.

"Of course I would! Why would you even ask that! besides I understand why you would want to try and help your family, the pack is somewhat a family to me and I would do anything to protect them." The prince watches as Astra does the dishes and wipes her hand on her dress, turning to the prince, with a stiff smile.

"So, when do you want to go?" getting up from his chair the prince walks over to Astra and takes both of her hands into his.

"I don't have to if you don't want me to" he whispers to her, feeling the trembling of her hands. She shakes her head giving a dry laugh.

"How can I ask you not to go, not only is it helping your family, but you're saving someone. I'm just scared I would never see you again" she softly says, a tear sliding down her cheek. Pulling her into his embrace, resting his chin atop her head, he rubs her back as she cries.

"I'll never let that happen, the moment I give the king and queen the rose. I would rush back here just to see you covered in dirt with a smile on your face as you tend to the roses as beautiful as you" the prince assures her. She smiles up at him, placing a hand gently on his cheek, while he brushes away a stray tear on her's. Placing their foreheads together, staring into each others eyes, they simply remain like that, the birds chirping happily outside.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll go to the kingdom with the rose. Let me just have today with you." he finally says, making Astra close her eyes and give a subtle nod he would not have felt if their foreheads were not touching. The day was spent like another, with the prince sitting below the large tree in the center of the rose garden, watching Astra. Finishing her work, Astra makes her way towards the tree and sitting close enough to snuggle into the prince's side.

"Finished?" he asks.

"Almost, there's some stuff I want to give to the pack." she reminds.

"Well they can wait until tomorrow, because you're mine right now" the prince says, pinning her onto the grassy floor, grinning boyishly, making her giggle. Leaning forward the prince places a sweet and soft kiss on her lips, one of his hand lightly gripping her side, sending Astra's heart a flutter like a butterfly. Pulling away and looking at her endearingly, the prince tries to engrave every detail of her into his mind and heart, fearing that for the short time he would be away, he will forget the woman he loves. Weaving her fingers into his hair gently playing with it, Astra looks into his eyes without hesitation or fear, a whisper of promise in them.

"However long you are away from me, I will always love you Oliver" she vows strongly causing a heat to spread through him. Without another thought he scoops her up, causing her to release a shout of surprise and rush for the cottage. For the remainder of the day and night, the two whispered loving words and promises into each others' ears as they fell into pure and pleasurable bliss. The next morning with a final kiss, the two lovers part with pained hearts, words unneeded. 

Days pass unconcerned while Astra spends them in her garden, however not as light hearted as she was before, a hollow ache in her chest known as longing replaces her heart. After tending to her garden and visiting the werewolves, she would sit under the tree with a spell book and look out at the forest tree line, waiting for Oliver as she promised. Days unfolded into weeks and then a month, leaving Astra restless and disheartened. Worries plagued her mind, concerns if he managed to leave the forest unharmed or the villagers accusing him conspiring with a witch. As much as she wants to go she was worried that she would not keep her promise to him. The werewolves saw the distress their kind witch was in, offering to send a member of their pack to the kingdom. Grateful, Astra waits patiently for news about Oliver or even better his return.