Have you found a new mate, and is she really great

"It is now 7:57 here in London, and I'm gonna leave you a band called Elastica and their song, Stutter, which is supposedly about someone's bedroom problems. Stay tuned with us, loves. Simon is up next with solid metal line up to rock your socks off. Have a good night, see you, babies, next Monday." Schy Green slid the node for the next song and her microphone in opposite directions, hit the kill switch as hers touched zero. She slipped the shredded headphones over her shaved head and hung them on the microphone stand. She stacked the CDs she used in a pile. The dark burgundy painted walls chipped and covered in indie band stickers from previous guests. Her discounted, old, worn down Adidas sneakers caught on the once grey carpet, she flattened it with her foot, muttering a few curses. The ends of her blue jeans dragged behind as she strode across to the CD library, and slotted the pile into a big enough gap, knowing she'll be getting another lecture tomorrow from Robin about tidiness in her library, she shrugged it off. The song carried throughout the building, with different radios in each room, she shuffled back to her station and caught the end of the song to fade it out for Simon's show, Smelters. The red blinking light in the corner switched to green, simultaneously to his going from amber to the same blinking red and his show's introduction snippet started to play. The accustomed heavy and fast guitar strums with various metal vocalists' welcoming, it killed her laidback rock ambience yet he entertained more listeners. With a straight face, she gave him the thumbs-up through the window to reassure him everything was working from her end. He smiled with his big, yellowing teeth through his long, dishevelled hair like a true metal-head. Schy downed the last sip of water in her plastic cup and dropped it in the dustbin, despite the hole hidden behind the door at the handle, packed in rubbish pushed out unrecognisable chip packets.

"We still on tonight?" Lyn held on finger on the hold button as she blew her bangs away. Schy signed her name out on the role between them and slammed the pen on the desk.

"It's your turn to pick, right?" Schy perched on her elbow.

"Yeah, I'm only making sure you don't bail on me again."

Lyn rapped her long fingernails on the desk, in apathetic interest. Schy scratched the back of her neck, feeling the soothing spikes under her fingertips, she shivered, stroking a nerve. "That one time where I didn't have the energy."

"Do you have the energy this time?" Her mouth corners curved tightly.

She chuckled breathlessly "Of course I do, babes"

Lyn smiled "Wait there." She continued helping her customer before getting her stuff organized and heading out together.

"Where are we going?" Schy had already pulled onto the main road.

"The Good Mixer" Lyn shrugged, playing with the window.

"Really?"

"It's my choice" She chirped.

A small horizontal rectangle building on the corner painted red and black, engraved into the row of triple-story old, yellow brick townhouses. Flowers below the first-floor windows shielded the sign from readability, blinds and posters enclosed and boarded the ground floor windows to opaque. Behind matching black barriers, the queue followed the extended side length down the main road, two large bodyguards protected the public entrance with stern faces and a tired aura. A blonde woman in a tight, lime dress at the front of the line bent forward arguing with the bald man twice her height and weight with security across his back. Schy and Lyn approached as the woman screamed at full volume "What do you mean you're full? Do you know who I am?" The alternative guard focussed his attention to the two expectantly.