Chapter 47

Ava's POV

"We're here to say goodbye to our brothers and sisters. To our fathers and mothers. To our friends. Our fellow men and women who set aside their differences to fight together and die together so that others might live. Everyone in this world owes them a debt that can never be repaid." I felt so sad, so many good people died, and I was the only one brought back to life. Melisandre had said its because I would birth a King who would save the world some day.

As soon as she informed me of my pregnancy it all made sense. "It is our duty and our honour to keep them alive in memory for those who come after us and those who come after them for as long as men draw breath. They were the shields that guarded the realms of men. And we shall never see their like again." I held onto Ramsay's hand as I spoke. My heart was heavy, I had been lucky enough to cheat death, but lots hadn't been. Daenerys sobbed over Jorah's body. Sansa wept for Theon, a hand on his chest. Tears slipped down my cheeks as she took her Direwolf pin off, and pinned it to him. Soldiers handed us torches, and we burned our loved ones, setting their souls free.

The victory feast was quiet, even though the hall was full. We may have won the battle, but we lost many incredible people. "To your health, and to your unborn son, Lady Bolton." Jaime toasted, raising his glass. I nodded my head, smiling at him. After a few minutes, Arya's friend began walking away. Catching my attention. "Gendry?" I called after him. He stopped and faced me. The hall had become even quieter. "That's right, isn't it?" I asked him. "Yes, Your Grace." He approached me. "You're Robert Baratheon's son." Daenerys cut me off. He nodded. "You are aware he took my family's throne and tried to have me murdered?" She asked him. I rolled my eyes slowly, since coming back from the dead. I became even more tired and less tolerant to talks of betrayal, especially as this all unfolded before Gendry was even born.

"I didn't even know he was my father until after he was dead." Gendry defended himself. Ramsay was right, I was terribly irritable, and I didn't mean to be. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at Dany and her never ending talks of murder. Ramsay took a sip of his wine, hiding his smile. "Yes, he's dead. His brothers are too. So who's Lord of Storm's End now?" She asked him. "I don't know, Your Grace." He whispered, looking to the floor. "Does anyone?" She asked around. "I do." I spoke up. "At least I think I do. I think you should be Lord of Storm's End." The crowd murmured against themselves. "I can't be. I'm a bastard." I raised a brow at him. "I was a bastard, and now I'm the King in the North!" Ramsay exclaimed, he was merrier than most. His cheeks were pink and he was laughing and hiccupping. "No, you are Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End, the lawful son of Robert Baratheon. Because that is what I have made you." I corrected him.

Gendry nodded in shock and surprise. At a nearby table, Davos stood and raised his glass. "To Lord Gendry Baratheon of Storm's End." Everyone in the hall took to their feet to cheer for Gendry. "To Gendry!" I joined in on the celebrations. The mood had lightened. Everyone was in higher spirits. The merry crowd laughed and enjoyed themselves. The wine flowed plentifully. A server placed a carafe of wine on the table in front of Brienne and Jaime. Brienne covered the top of her goblet but Jaime removed her hand. "We fought dead things and lived to talk about it. If this isn't the time to drink, when is?" He asked her. He poured wine for her and himself. Brienne watched, clearly a bit nervous. They clinked glasses and drank together. I watched them, smiling. Jaime deserves some happiness, Brienne too. Everything seemed to be falling into place. Jaime lifted his cup to us, and I did it back.

Tormund forced Jon into drinking from his horn. "All of it." He challenged. "Go on." I encouraged him. "No, not in one go." Jon laughed. "Go on. I believe in you." Sansa teased. "We have to celebrate our victory." Ramsay pointed out, smiling happily for once. "Vomiting is not celebrating." Jon remarked, a ghost of a smile on his lips. "Yes, it is." Tormund said ever so casually. Everyone began laughing. Tormund held up the drinking horn in salute. "Ah! To the Queen in the North." Tormund yelled. Everyone in the hall cheered for me, I smiled at my people. "To Daenerys Targaryen, the Dragon Queen. We couldn't have done it without you, Your Grace." Daenerys took to her feet, raising her glass. "To Arya Stark, the hero of Winterfell!" Everyone stood and cheered again. Only The Hound remained seated.