1

My name is Tegan Smith and I'm a senior in high school. All my life I've lived next door to the bad boy Jonah Marais. Everyone knows him for being a baseball star and a musician. I'm not amused though. I've never talked to him and I don't want to. He seems too sketchy.

As I was getting ready to get into my car to head to school. He walks out heading to his car. I made eye contact with him and started to get in my car.

Jonah: Hey! Tegan..right?

Tegan: Me?

Jonah: Yeah. You're the only person out here.

Tegan: Hey listen. I got to go. Bye.

I close the door and drive off to school. When I arrive, I park in my spot and walk to meet up with my friends Presley and Paisley. Twins. They've been my friends since 1st grade and I couldn't ask for anyone better. Presley is the quarterback for our football team. Paisley is a volleyball player for varsity.

Paisley: About time.

Tegan: Sorry. I got caught up with someone.

Presley: Who?

Tegan: Jonah Marais..

Paisley: Seriously.

Tegan: All I told him was that I had to go and I left. That's all.

Presley: You know his reputation why did you even respond?

Tegan: I didn't wanna be rude.

Paisley: Sometimes that's the best option.

Tegan: He has girls all over him all the time. He'll forget about me by the end of the day.

Presley: But how can anyone forget Tegan Smith.

Tegan: The girl who lost her father and uncle on 9/11? I don't know.

Paisley: You aren't the pity girl that's for sure.

The bell rings for class and we head to our classes. On my way to 3rd period, I was at my locker getting my book when I see someone standing next to my locker and of course. It was Jonah.

Tegan: You again?

Jonah: You got a problem with me?

Tegan: Yeah. Your reputation.

Jonah: Are you really gonna go off what you know about me because of my reputation. Get to know a guy first.

Tegan: I don't want to. I got to get to class.

Jonah: See you later.

Tegan: Sure. Keep thinking that.

I close my locker and walk to my 3rd period.

Truth is I do know some things about Jonah like little friend group. Daniel is a musician as well and you can always find him in the music room. Corbyn is a little space nerd and I do have science with him. Never a day where he doesn't tell me about space. Jack is always skateboarding down the halls and the teachers yell at him for it. And Zach is just Zach.

I get into my science class and there's Corbyn, already doing the work on the board.

Tegan: Wow. Such a nerd.

Corbyn: What took you so long?

Tegan: Got caught up with your bad boy friend.

Corbyn: Ah Jonah.

Tegan: Yeah. What's his problem.

Corbyn: Nothing. He's trying to make new friends but with girls.

Tegan: He's got plenty. Why me?

Jonah: Probably because you lived next to him for your whole life. First one off the top of his head.

Tegan: Wish I wasn't. Everyone is gonna think I'm one of his hoes now.

Corbyn: No. He wants his reputation to
go away. That's why he's doing this.

Tegan: So he's gonna be friends with the 9/11 girl?

Corbyn: You aren't the 9/11 girl. I've told you. Everyone knows you as Tegan Smith—

Tegan: The 9/11 girl.

Corbyn: I'm done with you. Just do your work.

Tegan: Can't I just copy off of you? You always get A's.

Corbyn: No.

Tegan: Please.

Corbyn: No but I know I wasn't one of the boys who went to Jupiter to get more stupider.

Tegan: That's why I can copy off of you.

Corbyn: You are doing your work. You wanna graduate. So do your work.

Tegan: Good point.

I do my work and head on to the rest of my classes. When the day was done, I was heading back to my car minding my own business when next thing I hear is a honk of a car.

A/n: hope you guys enjoyed! Lemme know what you think of it :)