Secrets revealed *P.B. and Marceline Love Story*

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I saw "What Was Missing" in Adventure Time and loved the episode. However, the ending was not what I expected. It was funny, but I thought that Marceline would've had an item that Bubblegum gave her. But no, that's not the case. Anyway, I was inspired by the episode plus I have always shipped Bubbline since the day I was born LOL ♥

Disclaimer: Everything belongs to their owners. ☺

--

Bubblegum pants heavily as she heads up the stairs of her castle to her room. It had been one heck of a day for her. She had an unexpected "visit" from the Door Lord, who took a valuable possession of hers, as well as something from Finn, Jake, and BMO. The four buddies followed the Door Lord to Marceline's house, where they assumed he took something of hers as well. With Marceline added to the group, the five of them chase him until he runs through the Door of the Door Lords, which will only open to a song sung by a genuine band.

After countless tries, Bubblegum and Marceline get into a fight, which eventually leads to the break-up of the band. However, Finn's song brings them back together and causes the door to open. They confront the Door Lord, who mumbles something that Finn isn't able to understand. Marceline translates it saying that friendship is more valuable than any of their items. The Door Lord mumbles something with glee, happy that they understand. In the end, they end up beating him up for stealing their stuff anyway. Finn, Jake, and BMO receive their items back, and a black rocker shirt Jake thought was owned by Marceline.

However, the shirt actually belonged to Bubblegum. It was given to her by Marceline a long while back. Marceline wondered why it was so special to her since she never sees her wear it. Bubblegum tells her that she uses it all the time as pajamas, which makes Marceline happy. Finn wonders what Marceline's stolen item was, but figures out that she just wanted to hang with them. Frustrated, Marceline turns into a monster and chases the group. Finn, Jake, BMO, and Bubblegum manage to get away and head home.

Bubblegum opens the door to her room and lets out a heavy sigh. "Man, I am tired; think I'm gonna turn in early," she says, removing her tiara. She starts removing her outfit and puts it in a dirty clothes pile, leaving her with just a purple bra and purple panties. Bubblegum walks over to her dresser and opens the second drawer. She pulls out an old pair of baggy pink short shorts and puts them on. She turns to her bed and sees the black T-shirt she got back laying there. She walks up to it and picks it up, smiling as she puts it on. Once on, she stretches her arms behind her back and beneath her shirt. She unhooks her bra, pulls it out, and tosses it to the dirty clothes pile. The candy princess walks toward her desk, where a mirror sits. Sitting down, Bubblegum undoes the band holding her hair together and lets it dangle. Bubblegum begins brushing the knots out of her hair, thinking about the day she just had. However, one thing keeps sticking to her mind: Marceline's song.

That song… what was it about? It was obviously intended for me and not Finn or Jake.Bubblegum tries to push the memory to the back of her head, but it always ends up finding its way back.Ugh! Why can't I just forget about that song? She was probably just trying to get under my skin.Bubblegum nods. "Yeah, that's it. She was just trying to get under my skin." She continues brushing her hair, but slows down. "But something caused her to stop. But what?" Now with the memory stuck in her head for good, Bubblegum sets the brush down, puts her boots back on, and heads down to the foyer. She sees the door the Door Lord created to escape still sits. Wanting answers, Bubblegum goes through the door, not caring that all she's wearing is a T-shirt, shorts, and boots.

Marceline, still frustrated with Finn and the others, makes her way back to where the Door of the Door Lords sits to retrieve her sun hat and sun resistant gloves. She picks them up and goes to head back through the door leading to her place, but she stops when she realizes the Door of the Door Lords is still open. The vampire queen looks around to make sure no one is around. She sets her stuff down and walks in, where she sees the beaten and tied up Door Lord sleeping peacefully. Marceline looks down and spots the Door Lord's bag lying on its side two feet from her.