Like There's No Tomorrow

'You must be thinking what a freak I am. Knowing you are not awake . . . yet, I never cease talking.' She chuckles. 'Whatever, tomorrow is going to be a long day. Goodnight Ananth.'

She put off the light. Though for me, it didn't make any difference. I am still thinking about what she said. She is in love with me. A man who can't even move, lying on the bed like a vegetable. Sometimes I wonder, what must have happened that she has become a loner. Yes, loner, or she wouldn't have fallen for a man like me.

She wants me to photograph her; does she know I already have a faint idea of how she looks like. May be universe wanted me to know the face of the girl who saved me. When she was trying to help me or rather drag my unconscious body towards her car, for a second or two I had opened my eyes.

I still remember those unruly hair, fallen over her worried face, her voice harsh as she tried to wake me up, her eyes were heavily rimmed with black kohl. She looked like a fallen angel. And now, I know how true it is. She indeed is a rebel, or who else falls in love with a man like me like there's no tomorrow.

This rebel girl has a heart of gold. How can I say that . . .well, she could have just called the police or could have left me in a hospital, But she didn't. I know she had checked my IDs. She knows, I am an orphan, I have nowhere to go, still she chose to stay beside me . . . to look after me.

She thinks, I'll walk off with a nice girl if I wake up. Wish I could tell her, that there was a society's so-called nice girl in my life, but I was left bloodied and beaten on the cold streets of this city, when that girl chose to flee because she wanted to save her own reputation, forgetting her promises of never leaving me alone.

She says, I changed her story, wish I could tell her, actually it's her who changed mine.