Chapter Two

I rocked in my chair as I ate my sandwich and talked any possible sh*t towards anyone that would pass over our table. I did it just for a laugh. I saw a familiar tall fat black guy waddle by.

"Don't say nothing to him, "Trevor warned, " I really don't want you saying anything racist."

"Just because I'm white and about to burn a big black guy doesn't make it racist, " I smirked, realizing what I just said, " or so I thought." I waved off the racist joke away, " I was only  going to say that his head looks like a big burnt thumb."

"Pfft!!" Zion sprayed his chewed food everywhere from laughing, then suddenly started choking," that's still kinda racist man! It was funny, but you can't be messing with one of my black brothers now!"

Greyson laughed in agreement, " yeah, man!"

"Oh, f*ck!" Zion suddenly stopped laughing and strengthened in his seat, making his short self a little taller, " here comes Jessica. Play it cool, okay?"

"Who's Jessica?" I said, totally ignoring his request, " I'mma burn her real good."

"Oh h*ll no, Tristan. Not Jessica," he glanced at me then pointed offward, " she is thick-a-licous!" He mumbled harshly.

I followed to where he pointed and saw a black girl holding her tray of food. She was taller than me. Why is everyone taller than me here? And she was curvy," oh.......thick-a-licous. I see now...She's cute for a black girl. "

"Hey, dude, seriously," Greyson said, "cut it out a bit with you rude black people comments."

I rolled my eyes, " I really didn't say anything, but whatever you say, man."

xxx

"Has Jessica and Melody always hung out?"

"We're right here, you know? You can just ask us," Melody said," and yes. We're really close friends."

I stared Jessica and thought. After a long pause I said, " Forehead."

She turned and frowned at me, "what?"

"You have a massive forehead, so I'm calling you Forehead."

"Tristan!" Greyson hit my arm. Hard. 

I rubbed the throbbing spot with a laugh, "sorry!"

Forehead just rolled her eyes, unfazed by what I just said. I stared at her with curiosity. My vision glided downwards. 

Thick-a-licious. 

Thick-a-licious.Thick-a-licious. She was very thick-a-licious. Is it just me or do most black girls have very obvious appealing curves?

"Forehead?" I try again. "Forehead." She ignored me so well I thought maybe she just didn't hear me. Louder and more directly I say, " Forehead!"

She turns and smiles, " stop."

Who smiles after being called, Forehead? 

After my short lived baffling moment I realized I had her fading attention. I smile, " Zion calls you Thick-a-licious."

Zion stumbling and choked on his food. He climbed off the ground and sank back into his seat. He gave me a deathly glare, " Tristan..."

xxx 

Trevor and I practiced out flips in the gym. Greyson, Zion, Caden, Melody and Jessica watched as the rest of the class did their own doings. 

"So...," I said to Melody, "Trevor's touchy, huh?"

Trevor turn and glared at me, "shut up Tristan."

"Alright, alright..Geez quit glaring at me! I'm afraid the emo over here might cast a spell on me if you both continue this!"

"Tristan, " Trevor gripped my shoulder and I winced, " for real...STOP. ""

Once he released me, I shook off the tingling pain. I prepared to do a swing gainer backflip. I swung my leg as I said to Trevor, "why should I?" I jumped over and landed with a perfect satisfying thunk onto the mat. I smirked, " because she's not emo? Trevor, come on man. Don't tell me that when you see her you don't see emo? Look at her and tell me she's not emo! " I laughed. 

Melody was very pale and had blood red hair that was styled in a spiky bun. Spikes of jet hair always stood up  from behind her head. She had brown eyes that always seem pitch black. She had on black jeans and shirt that read, My Chemical Romance in evil lettering. 

"Tristan..." Trevor's voice vibrated with waring. 

Before he could fish, the bell rang.

xxx

None of my friends were in class so I sat by myself. Everyone in the class seemed to since my era that produced trouble. I watched as everyone moved further from me as possible until seats had to be taken closer towards me. All but the seat next to me.

I gazed around and was surprised to see Jessica. I never really noticed her before in here... and yet again I never noticed her until Zion mentioned her too. She sat at a desk against the wall and next to her was an empty desk chanting my name. 

I smirked. Perfect! I'll sit next to Thick-a-licious!

I trotted toward her and her face immediately sensed me before I ever even came close to her. I came up to her and gave a teasing smile. I sat down and stared at her in tense silence. 

"What?" She finally said. 

I shrugged, " Forehead."

Instantaneously, her balled into a fist and she jabbed my arm. I dramatically fell out of my seat and wailed, " she hit me! She hit me!"

"What did you expect?" I turned and say the tall black basketball player; Anthony , "she's a tough girl. And for some reason she decided to put me in the friendzone..."

"Jessica and Tristan, I will not tolerate any misbehavior nor violence ! Please escort yourselves out to the principal's office. When you get there sit and wait for the principle."

 Jessica nod her head and without bothering to wait on me. I quickly grabbed my things and caught up to her. She was silent. I swung over to see her face that was stoned expressionless. I glanced at her features a almond brown skin and with deep dark honey brown eyes the were shade with thick black lashes. Her brows were dark black and full just like her big soft pink glossed lips.  She had a light stride to her walk and athletic aura. Her hips were round and her as-

"Please stop staring at me. It's rude. "

"How'd you know? You didn't even glance at me. "

"I could literally feel you staring at me, " she said with a soft smile. She looked at me and my heart leaped, "you stupidly got us into trouble."

I laughed, "maybe you shouldn't have hit me, " I raised my hands up in surrender. She laughed a soft yet full heartly. My heart skipped like crazy from looking at her smile. 

Ah....Her laugh is nice. I want her to laugh again. 

I scanned my brain for something particularly funny. 

Ah!

I turned to her and scrunch my face to the strangest expression. I stayed staring at her for a ridiculously long time. She kept peaking at me and taking slow steady breaths; trying not to laugh. Finally she gave in and chuckled. It wasn't a full laugh, but that chuckle changed everything. My adrenaline pumped with a new strange tingling happiness. 

I turned and smiled to myself. I slumped in my seat and rocked my legs. I think I'm falling for that laugh. Falling for her. It seems to early, and I doubt she'd date a small white boy, but I couldn't help it. I was head over heels for her. 

Does race really matter?