*.✧ ↳cradles

"Hyung

"Hyung...hyung please let me live!", the child begs miserably, his eyes drowned with sorrow and the boy's body desprately pressed against his, hugging it tight as if he is some kind of live-saving wood.

His hand is on the trigger, slippery due to the immense sweat that his body is producing for some unknown reason. Recently, he is dreaded, scared to go to these training lessons by his Master that helps him to sharpen his skills. Killing people used to be his favorite thing to do but...

"Haechan, hurry", the Master ordered, his sticking tapping on the ground impatiently, pushing him down the fear slope.

It's either he kills the kid right here or Mark punished him later for disobeying his rules, "But..but Master, he is...young"

Dark aura began to form and Jaehyun, who is standing next to him grumbled under his breath, asking him to hurry up. All of this suddenly is too much for him to bare. The boy is still little. maybe around the age of 10 and he has no idea why they want him dead.

"Obey", Mark warned one more time but the poor boy is still in daze, to deep in his own spiral of thoughts to even hear him, nor to recognize the kid has stop crying and in a swift moment, Haechan winces in pain when realized he was stabbed, bleeding badly at his ankle.

The superior's eyes darken and Jaehyun quickly teared the youngest away. A loud bang echoed the area and the kids lays dead, blood trickling out of his temple.

Still in shock, Haechan stumbled back slightly, only to be spun around and his eyes met the older's furious ones.

"Why did you hesitate?"; "Master, I..."

"Just because you get to stay in the mansion, you have the right to act mindlessly like that. There are others out there that were raised exactly the way you were, you are not special"

Before he could utter out an answer, Mark swing his leg, hitting the injured place of the younger, causing him to fall down, head hitting the ground and a groan of pain comes out.

"I apologize, master"

Mark puffed out a cold breath and soon enough, the car engines roar and the superior's vehicle disappear into the night.

"Do you still want to lay down there a bit more or should I pull you up?", Jaehyun asked, his warm voice makes the young boy shuddered, "P..please"

The man scooped him up and hold him him close even though the wet dirt is filthying is trench coat. His warmness calms Haechan down, he snuggles in Jaehyun's embrace.

"You hesitated because you spent time with my kids and realized that in the past 12 years, the world has turned exciting again and you're scared of hurting him", the older calmly said, "And Mark knows it. He don't want you to admit it and so are you"

The young boy didn't say anything but deep down, he knows Jaehyun could never be wrong.

Placing the boy in the back of his car, Jaehyun started the engine. "You have the right to be stubborn, but don't push yourself into something you despise"

"I don't despise my master, I want him, I would never leave him unless he tells me too", Haechan murmured out, exact words he was taught to say when being "manipulated" and Jaehyun laughs softly.

The tires are rolling out and the brunette looks out the windows of pitch black night, a question appeared in his mind. "Do I really want to live this life though?"