Prologue

"This is ridiculous! One moment I am at work minding my business and I just got news about a nuclear bombing happening in half an hour!" I said, baffled.

"I'm just as suprised as you; I thought this was just gonna be a normal day, but instead it's gonna be one of those days where you just found out you are going to die-" said my 19 year old brother ,Steven Ramírez, was interrupted by a sudden bang.

"What was that banging sound?!" I asked.

"I don't know sounded like it came from outside" said my horrified brother.

My brother and I walked outside to see what it was. The sight was very horrific: we saw everyone we knew running all over the place, commiting crimes as if nothing would happen, and people vandalizing stores; it was chaos.

There was a moment of silence between my brother and I as we thought about what was happening. Was this a dream or a hallucination, we didn't know the diffrence between realism and fiction at the moment.

I was stopped from processing what was going on right now. Abruptly an alarm sounded from the chaotic streets of Atlanta, Georgia, everything was still and quiet.

My brother was hyperventilating like he was having an asthma attack.

We felt like two little kids lost in a grocery store while speeding our way through the large commotion to our homes where our families were.

~

We arrived to discern our family lifeless on the ground.

I felt close to sobbing but I hurtled it in. As for my brother, he bursted into tears screaming out of the room.

For a brief second it was muteness as I was pondering on where my brother was.

I went seeking for my brother until I beheld a horrific sight.

A comatose body on the floor full of scarlet blood splattered on the ground and floor.

"H-h-he's dead" I said mournfully and disdainfully.

I couldn't bare no more the sight made me have suicidal thoughts and made me lose a slight of my sanity.

As I slept over what happened I had dreams. Dreams about a girl I meet in the future. The name was unknown but I payed no attention to it so I slept it off.

~

I was still in pain on my knee cap and appendix after the accident that happened before this madness.

As I was hunting for food I started remembering the dream I had and wondered, who was the girl?