Chapter 1- Running away... Again?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Along the open roads drove the burgundy rusted Jeep, bumpy tires over the rocky gravel path, passing green hilly fields which lay lazy cows and herds of sheep. The sun shone it's spring rays down along the road as Alex Song had pressed her foot gently on the accelerator speeding just above the necessary speed limit. She had been driving for at least three hours, no stops or rests she just kept driving, with her younger sister Song Kyu in the passengers seat. Alex was drifting in and out of dreamland, her eyes closing...opening...closing... and opening, she could hardly feel her hands loosen the steering wheel. 

"Alex we can stop if you want to" Kyu spoke as she tore her gaze away from the never ending green land. Alex sat straight, wide eyed and a forced energetic smile plastered on her face, Alex shook her head. "No. it's fine. I need to get us to Grandmas quickly" She said as her right hand trailed to her face slapping it softly to gain focus on the empty yet dangerous pot holed road in front of her. Kyu frowned, "Why dont you try get us there safely" she suggested in her usual muttering voice. Alex chuckled "I know, I know. I'm not tired" Alex believed "see!" She smiled while bawling her coffee coloured eyes out widely. Kyu shook her head "Dont lie, i hate lies. especially ones that could possibly kill us. Alex just stop and go to sleep." Kyu suggested, well more as if she wasn't giving her sister a choice. Alex sighed bowing her head, she made a quick turn near the side of the of road, parking her truck. Realizing the overwhelming power of exhaustion, Alex yawned. "Wow! i am pretty tired. i'll just rest for a couple minutes" She stretched before winding her seat backwards. 

One minute.. Two... Three... Four.. Five minutes had passed and Alex was now soundly asleep. Kyu peered over her sister. admiring her sisters stunning features. Creamy brown skin, Pitch black curls that landed just above her slim shoulders, long and twirled eyelashes, she was really beautiful. But guilt had now controlled Kyu, she felt herself tense at every doubt and thought. what she was about to do would probably ruin her sister. But being so close to life's end, why not live for once. Why not escape and view the world then be locked in some room because your a sick patient. If Kyu would be sent to her grandma's she'd never see daylight again, She'd never feel the weathers cool breeze softly meander through her hair, she probably wouldn't get to inhale the sweet fumes of growing flowers. Knowing her grandma, the old woman had some strict rules, Kyu always thought it was religion that changed grandma to become a controlling, psycho lady. 

Regrett and sadness had greeted Kyu just then, but her mind had told her to stay back and leave right this instant. To run away and never return, for they don't love her, for they don't want to take care of her, for that was the reason her parents sent Kyu and Alex to live with their grandma. 

Seventeen year old Song Kyu is diagnosed with Breast Cancer. Without any money hanging from her parents wallets she wasn't able to receive needed treatment and Chemo therapy. She was told that her life wouldn't proceed after July 21st 2012, that being her date of death. given this news at the age of fifteen, realizing she only had three years to live. it is now January 1st 2012. Over the period of time she had witnessed many horrible occurrences. From Sneezing out blood to sore bones and a weak unhealthy body. From having her breast tissue removed to waking up every morning yelping in excruciating pain. From only taking affordable panadol tablets to having a serious seizure the next hour. From seeing all her friends leave her to watching her parents neglect her, Kyu was left with Alex, but as empty as she felt Kyu had chugged down the Bittersweet glass of misery and humiliation. She began to let her emotions take out the best within her, she began to show her anger a lot through curses and irony, through defiance and darkness, Through loneliness and hate.