A Choice

Do Not get the muffin! I stared at the beautiful muffin sitting behind the glass as I waited in line to order my green tea and fruit cup, but the devil was teasing me with the sugar glistening on the top of the muffin and the blueberries poking their heads out to say hi. " C'mon EJ you've lost 10 pounds a hundred more and you reach your goal so get it together" I whispered to myself and pretended not to notice when the guy behind me took a step back.

Fiona was waiting for me at my desk when I stepped off the elevator. " You know how much Gina hates when you come up here for nothing." I said sitting down to check the calendar for the day. Fiona leaned over and my shoulder and the smell of vanilla made my stomach lurch I should have gotten the muffin. I looked up at Fiona and her perfect hourglass figure and the thought fled my mind and was replaced by my future body.

" I'm not here for nothing I just wanted to make sure you are sticking to the meal plan." She said as she took a sip of my tea. Fiona has been my best friend since she punched Ryder Smith in the face for making fun of my twist out in the third grade. Now she is helping punch this weight in the face. " Okay, well I better get back before Jake needs something off the top shelf." She said as she stepped onto the elevator.

My day passed in a blur of emails, paperwork, and Gina asking me to get her this and that. When 5 finally came my feet were screaming for me to sit down and take of the stupid heels that Fiona said would help me with my posture. " Do you think that there are more calories in pad tai or a slice of pizza?" Gina asked as she walked out of her office holding a phone to her ear.

"Obviously I am not an expert on calories." I said motioning to the my flubber. She looked at me and shook her head before turning and walking back into her office.
                                         ....
    My apartment welcomed me with the familiar scent of vanilla and sandlewood I left the aroma wrap me in a blanket as I slipped my shoes and bra off. The good thing about living alone as it's perks I can walk around braless without anyone batting an eye. Charlie came running into the living room looking for his dinner and a belly scratch. " How are you doin baby" I rubbed him behind his ears as he walked around my feet.
       " You better not be eating something was made in the microwave." I held the phone up to my ear as I checked the brown rice that I had I simmering on the stove.
     " Brown rice and baked chicken." I smiled. This was the longest that I had stayed true to a meal plan that Fiona has created for me and I could tell that we were both impressed. " So are you going to call and show up at my desk every single day to make sure that I'm staying true to our plan?"
      " No just for the first month. I know how hard it is for you just wanted you to know that I'm here for you."
     " It also doesn't help that I'm going to be a great testimonial for when you finally start you own personal training business."
       " That's what friends are for" she said through a snort.
      My phone beeped letting me know that there was a call waiting. I looked down and the name made me clench my teeth. " I gotta go Hope is on the other line."
     " Be nice." She warmed before I hung up the phone.
     " Hi Hope" I said bracing myself for whatever was about to come out of her mouth.
     " Hi, honey I have a little bit of a favor to ask." She said in her over exaggerated southern drawl.
     " I already gave you money last week if you need something your going to have to call my dad—-"
    " Oh, no sweetie I don't need no money I just need you lot take Kameron to a little concert with friends tomorrow night."
      " Why can't you take her?"
       " Well you see I got a little friend and he wanted to take me out, and I already promised to take her. It would mean a lot for her to spend sometime with you."
     I looked down at my nails and tried to think of a good enough reason to not take her, but I can't let my feelings about Hope get in the way of my relationship with Kamron. " Fine I'll take her."