CHAPTER 1 : DREAMS

"Oh no." said Aayat as she stared at the alarm clock on the table next to her bed. "Mom" she shouted as she got up . "Why didn't you wake me up?"

Aayats mother fatima entered her room and said, "I thought you probably had a holiday today since you always wake up on time without me coming in your room and waking you up." She turned on the lights and continued, "What happened today? Is your alarm clock not working?"

"I am sorry mom I have no time to answer your questions I have to hurry I am getting late." saying this she jumped out of bed and rushed towards the washroom.

Fatima left the room informing Aayat that breakfast was ready.

Aayats pov

I couldn't stop thinking about the person I saw in my dream, the person who is the reason why I woke up late today, his tall and well built musculature, wavy hair. God, his eyes, light brown were taking my breath away.

It felt as if they were speaking to me. As though the world has stopped. I was so immersed into that dream that even the alarm clock wasn't able to wake me up. But as the light started to brighten all the other features of his face, I woke up.

Damn! I wanted to see his face.Why did I have to wake up?

I was experiencing these type of dreams very frequently and now I think this is because the time I have been waiting for has come. I wanted to get married.

I always wished for a happy life. I always dreamt of future. Till now my main focus were my studies. Since childhood I wished to become a doctor. I loved people, I literally loved people, I could spend my whole life just knowing different people and talking to them and I have this weirdly good habit that I couldn't refuse to help someone. I could never see anyone in pain. This brought me closer to the decision of becoming a doctor.

I was very exited as I would soon get a degree and make my parents proud. mom would be the happiest person on earth as she is the one who motivated me. She always wanted me to become a doctor. Only one year more and I can start Woking , helping people, making them happy. I always loved the happiness and relief people had in their eyes when they see their loved ones alive.

I am 23 and soon-to-be 24 . Mom wanted me to get married before I turn 24 and my birthday isn't away.

As I was busy in my thoughts I heard a bang on the washroom door

"Are you sleeping inside the washroom? Mom is calling you, breakfast is ready and don't you think you're late today?" Said Hasan, my 11 year old brother.

"OMG I am late. I don't know when I would stop daydreaming so much." I held my head.

"Hasan please inform mom that I won't be having breakfast today. I am already very late, I have to leave now" Hasan replied with an okay and left the room

I hurriedly changed my clothes and left for university.

When I reached the university samra came running towards me. She was my best friend. There was no secret that we didn't share with each other. We were very close. She was my friend since childhood.

She came to me and hugged me. I hugged her back with a smile on my face.

"Why are you so late? I would have killed you if I didn't see you today." she said.

"I am sooo sorry. I woke up late today and today's dream was sooooo.." She interrupted me and said, "Don't tell me you saw another man today." I shook my head and smiled.

"Come on Aayat. So cheap."

I punched her in the stomach.

"Oww, get married."

I blushed when she suddenly brought that topic.

"Just hearing about marriage makes you so exited and now that your parents have just started thinking about marriage you've already started dreaming about the future guy. This is the fourth time this week that you've dreamt of a man. I don't know what should be done to you. You're so desperate to get married but I can't guess why you have rejected all the guys that have come to see you." She sneered.

"Shut up , don't talk about that " I said and chuckled "All those men did not have the quality I was looking for." I continued

"And what are you looking for exactly?" She asked. She gave a sarcastic girly expression. Like the on girls have on their faces when they are very curious to know something and I knew she knows that I would say something unusual as she knew I was a little different from others and she knew how into movies I was and she also obviously knew my habit of daydreaming.

"I am looking for a guy whose eyes speak, he shouldn't talk much since I talk much and I want someone who could listen to me all the time. I would talk and talk and talk and he should listen and listen and listen with a small lovely smile on his face. Whenever I look into his eyes I should feel loved." I

"You should stop reading novels." She said humorously.

The bell rang and it was time for our class.

The day went really well. Whenever people ask me how my day went ,I always say good as I never let my day go bad. Even if 100 bad things happen to me and 1 good thing then that day is good as I would ignore all those bad things and be happy for that one good thing. I could be the world's most positive person.

Okay yeah, fine, I love exaggerating okay?

Samra dropped me home that day since my car was at the service center due to what I did with it. I don't know why I make so many mistakes. Me and mistakes have a different relation and a very strong one as mistakes love me and never want to leave my side.

When we reached home I came out of the car and waved at Samra. She gave me a smile and left.

A gust wind blew and it made me shiver. I looked up and admired the weather. It looked as if it was going to rain. Those black clouds, those cold winds, that dim light between the clouds. Everything was so beautiful that it made me stay there for about ten minutes and suddenly a drop of water fell on my face and soon it started raining.

I couldn't stop myself from feeling the rain. I stood there in rain with a smile. I loved the way raindrops fell on my skin. I spread my hands and looked at the sky. I thought that the clouds are crying and these are their tears of happiness.

I stood there 10 mins more and when I turned to walk towards my house which was about 10 feet away. there was a tall figure standing at the door.