CHAPTER 39:HAHA

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.

****

Aayat furiously stepped inside the room, stomping towards Izaan, willing to get all answers from him when he abruptly rushed towards her and pecked her forehead.

"I'm sorry. I'm really very very very sorry." He took hold of his ears and pleaded.

Aayat frowned. She was confused. She couldn't guess why he was apologizing.

Izaan took her frown as a sign of her being angry with him.

"I could do sit ups if you want? How many? Fifty? Not hundred please. I worked out a lot today." He spoke like he would miss his train if he kept talking. He was nervous and at fault. At least that's what he was thinking.

Aayat abandoned all her worries when she saw him holding his ears and acting so cute. He looked like a child, just the one she wished to have. She looked at him as a small smile appeared on her lips.

"Done checking me out yet?" Izaan smirked as he folded his arms.

God that smirk. She thought.

"Hundred." Uttered Aayat with complete seriousness as she hastily pulled his folded hands apart and thereafter, crimped hers.

It was like showing him who's the boss around here.

This is what you get for ignoring me Mr workaholic.

He was taken aback by her sudden words.

"God. Aayat. No. Please."

"What took you so long?" She was again serious as thoughts about earlier striked her one more time.

"There were things that had to be taken care of." Izaan was solemn too.

This wasn't the answer that she expected. She wanted Izaan to be more clear. She wondered if he would ever tell her the truth.

It's not like she didn't trust him. She knew he loved her immensely and would never do anything that would harm the faith she had in him.

Izaan startled her once again by giving a soft kiss on her cheek.

"My princess doesn't have the right to look tense." He whispered in her ear.

"Izaan." She looked in his eyes as though she was about to dive into it.

"Yes love." He took her hands in his.

"Nothing." She wanted to ask him everything but couldn't. She felt that if she did, he'll be hurt and that would be the worst that could happen.

She slowly pulled her hands out of his grip and turned around to walk towards the bed when he held her wrist, asking her to stay.

He walked closer and cupped her cheeks.

"I love you Aayat. I wish that all your tension travels from your heart to mine and I get to see the most beautiful smile in this whole world."

Water filled in her eyes when he kissed it, halting it's further movement. Aayat rested her head on his chest, folding her arms around him. He put one of his hands on her back and on gently moved through her hair.

"I'm crazy about you." She murmured and he chuckled.

"I'm sexy and I know it." He smirked and as a result, he got a punch on his chest.

"I have a surprise for you tonight."

Aayat raised her eyebrows in response.

"You're going to wear something special. It should have been it by now. I'll have to check."