Chapter UNO

rumble

I had just finished putting my luggage in the trunk and sat down. I turn my body, and reach for the seat belt, only to burn myself from the heat of the car. "Ouch!" I yell, immediately sticking my finger in my mouth to try and soothe the stinging sensation.  "Are you alright?" my mother asks, a little concern covering her face. "It's okay, I just burned the tip of my finger don't worry" I smile, reassuring her that I'm okay.

 "It's okay, I just burned the tip of my finger don't worry" I smile, reassuring her that I'm okay

45 minutes have passed, and we still haven't reached our unknown destination. "Where are we going?" my brother says, for the 15th time. irritated I reply, "They aren't going to tell us! shut up!" My brother, Giovanni, finally shut up and didn't ask where we were going. I sighed, getting eager to leave this godforsaken car. "Can you turn on the radio?" I say, "and how much longer till' we get there?" "We have about five minutes to get there, so just hang in their mi Nina"

My mother reaches for the radio, clicking the volume button and turning on the radio.  I start  humming to the song when my mom speaks up, "We have arrived corazones, get ready to grab your things." I glance over to my right and look out the window and see a Motel named 'Mormons'. The motel was a little dirty, but overall normal-looking. The name was shining in neon colors and also the sign, which was an oval-like shape. "We're at a.. motel? this isn't exactly what I was expecting but it's something I guess.." I say, not really excited, but grateful.

I open the car door and take a step on the pavement, making my way over to the trunk of our car.  "Papa, can you please open the trunk?" I ask my father, my brother is quieter than usual, so I took a look to see if anything was wrong but he was just watching some video on his phone.  "Gio! we gotta go, get your things" "I'll go now" he waved his hand in an 'okay whatever go away' motion.  I roll my eyes and grab my suitcase out of the trunk, following my mom into the Motel. 

When I walked in, I gasped, it wasn't at all what I was expecting, the walls were a rich white and dark grey, contrasting against each other like a wave falling back into the sea, blending together.  The couches were white, with small crystals on the side, LED lights covering the front desk, giving it a nice glow to the lobby.  Decorations of Dark Grey paintings covering the walls surrounding me.  My brother had just walked in and stopped in his tracks, looking around the room with adoration. 

My mom finishes up the Check-In and calls us over to meet the Owner of the Mormons.  "Hello sir, I'm aurora nice to meet you." I say with a confident grin on my face, "And you are..?" I hint to him, he seemed a little wary, and frightened but immediately masked it with a polite smile  "Oh! I'm so sorry about that, my name is Morn, nice to meet you Aurora" He looked about 70-75 years old, and was balding in the middle of his hair. He had gray hair, with green pale eyes, his lips were thin as paper, but his nose was a bit bigger than the usual feature, which suited him well. His rosy cheeks were prominent and soft light pink, he had a round face that put everything in place. Morn's teeth were a little yellow from old age, but overall he looked like a kind man.

"And who is this?" Morn asked, pointing to my distracted brother on his phone. "Him? That's -sadly- my brother, Giovanni" my brother glanced up from his phone, waved, and looked back down. Morn chuckled as he was shaking his head "Nice to meet you, well here's your key, your room will be on the floor number 2, to your left, have a nice day" he said politely with a small smile. "You too!" I replied. This day is going well so far, I'm looking forward to what's to come.

Hi! thank you so much for reading this book, I am very new to writing, and this is the first book I've ever written

Hi! thank you so much for reading this book, I am very new to writing, and this is the first book I've ever written.  I hope you'll stick around for more updates. Oh! and talking about updates, I'm going to try to update every Friday or Saturday I don't know, I am a student so I have other priorities, so please go easy on me.

Comment, vote, and follow me to get notified for my updates! \

stay safe, and don't let the bed bugs bite!