𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 | 𝚂𝙻𝙾𝚆 𝙱𝚄𝚁𝙽

It was the night of the first show, and Dom and I were sitting backstage. I could hear the crowd murmuring from outside as the techs finished up setting up the stage. The show was due to start in only about twenty minutes, and the nervous energy was radiating off every crew member.

"Are you excited?" I asked, taking both of Dom's hands in mine. "Nervous?"

"A bit of both, really..." He said, squeezing my hands. He took one and ran it through his hair. "How are you feeling?"

"Excited to see the show." I answered with a smile. "Hey you, come here..." I grabbed his chin and pulled his face over, reaching into my purse and grabbing a tube of deep red lipstick. I could feel the muscles in his cheek pull up into a smile against my fingers.

"Doin my makeup now, are ya?" He pouted, closing his eyes and pointing at his lips. I laughed as I applied the lipstick, holding his face in my hand, running my thumb along his cheek bone. He grabbed the lipstick from my hand, and I let go of his face, semi reluctantly. "Let me do you."

I nodded, tilting my head toward his hand, which he took. I could feel the scratch of his calloused fingers against my cheek. He very carefully rubbed the lipstick across my lips, stopping every few seconds to make sure he was doing a sufficient job. Once he was done he smiled, placing a kiss on my cheek with a loud "muah".

"Dom!" I raised my hand to my face, lightly touching the lipstick mark on my face. "Jokes on you, now everyone is gonna know you've been smoochin' me." I teased, and he laughed and shrugged, grabbing his phone from his pocket.

"I don't mind..." He said, tapping on the Instagram icon and holding the phone out, holding out a peaces sign as he snapped a picture for his story. "See? Now everyone can see it."

I smiled, a blush rising to my cheeks. Before I could say anything, I heard someone calling Dom's name.

"Guess I need to get going here." He said, standing up and peering over at the stage. "I'll see you in a bit."

"Good luck!" I watched him walk off, putting my hand up to my cheek again, the spot where his lips had touched still tingling.

--

It was about fourty-five minutes into the set, and I was peeking out from backstage, watching fondly as I always did. Somehow, even above the noise of the crowd and the guitars, I heard loud footsteps from behind me. I was used to the constant running around backstage, so I didn't bother turning until I heard a low voice.

"Hey, you're Isla, right?"

I jumped slightly, not used to being approached, and turned to look at the man behind the voice. He was tall, probably a whole foot taller than me, blue eyes and bleached hair. He was wearing a red button-down shirt barely done up, chains hanging down over his tattooed chest, black paint-spattered jeans, and black high tops. I'd seen photos of him before and found him attractive, but seeing him in person... well, he was gorgeous.

"Uh yeah, hi. I'm guessing you're Colson?"

"You got it." He said, leaning against the wall and crossing his arms over his chest. "Dom told me all about you."

"Good things I hope?" I laughed, my back now completely turned from the stage. I had my head craned upwards to look Colson in the eyes, trying not to stare and fawn over them. I did notice men other than Dominic, but it never really went anywhere. A few late night booty-calls or dinner dates, and then they were gone.

"Oh yeah, all good things. Didn't mention how cute you were though." His lips turned up in a smirk, and I could already feel myself blushing. The confidence exuding from him made me almost more comfortable, like he could pick up the slack from my insecurities.