Volume II / Chapter Eight: Stolen Army

One Week Prior...
Gas City, Jupiter...
3rd Person POV

In the bright, metallic grey halls of the Corpus' base on Jupiter, a top commanding crewman was seen sprinting by in a state of panic. Passing by through designated traps and fellow Corpus personnel, the crewman took the first elevator downwards to the bottom floor of the floating facility. Upon the doors opening up, the crewman had entered the study of Alad V, alerting him of the situation.

Crewman: Alad V! Alad V! Quelqu'un a volé vos militaires!
[Someone has stolen your military!]

Alad V: Hmm?

As the head researcher of the facility displayed his confusion, the Crewman continued.

Crewman: Une personne disposant d'une autorisation de sécurité a pris une grande partie des spécimens Sentient.
[Someone with security clearance has made off with a large portion of the Sentient specimens.]

Alad V: Oh...

Turning his head towards the window beside him, he noticed a Corpus ship taking off into the depths of space from above him, its sides painted with Corpus text translating to "Give unto the void".

Alad V: I'm aware...

Alad V: Rather... I'm surprised that you came to steal my Amalgams, Neffy.

Crewman: Alors ... Allons-nous le poursuivre? Il vient de s'en sortir avec des millions de crédits de recherche.
[So... Are we going to chase him down? He just made off with millions of credits worth of research.]

Alad V: Eh... I wouldn't bother.

Crewman: !?

As the crewman expressed his confusion underneath the metal helmet he wore, the researcher smirked as he sat down onto a large leather seat behind his desk. Turning it towards the window behind it, Alad V muttered.

 Turning it towards the window behind it, Alad V muttered

Alad V: He'll be back here before you know it... And when he does, he'll be paying triple our asking price.
____________________________________

Today...
Schnee Family Manor...
Atlas, Remnant...

Nef Anyo: What has the Void blessed me with, today?

Weiss: Void?

Piper: *gggrrrrr...*

Weiss: It must be the Corpus army Ryoma spoke of, several months ago.

Nef Anyo: It looks to be a group of well dressed group of entrepreneurs and investors... Perfect people to become believers!

From the front door of the manor, Jacques barged outside with irritation, pointing a finger at the Corpus with no regard for the army that surrounded him.