-2-

The next time you opened your eyes, you were tucked in an unfamiliar but warm bed, with covers piled high around you. In a panic, you attempted to throw off the covers and get to your feet immediately, trying to regain your bearings, but a figure who had been sleeping on the floor next to you stirred awake, and his eyes locked on yours.

Everything else about him had changed, all but his gunmetal gray eyes that had somehow retained its lupine quality. The man in question had run his hand through his silver hair, blinking wearily even as he had surveyed your entire body from head to toe to make sure there wasn't a single scratch on you.

You still remember the way his hands ran over your skin, sending shivers up your spine even as you remained enraptured by his gaze of steel, but his touch was softer than any other you'd ever known.

"I'm sorry if we scared you last night," he admitted as he let his touch linger down your arm till he was grasping your hand in his. "I'm Park Jimin, alpha of this pack. Have you never seen one of us before?"

"N-no." All traces of the wolf with the russet silver fur from last night had disappeared, and along with it goes any fear or apprehension that you were cautioned from young to have. The smile that had graced his plump lips replaced any memory of the snarling wolf from the previous night. His eyes were still the same gunmetal grey, but in the soft lighting of daylight, they were reflected a different kind of vibe entirely, more ethereal in a way that robbed you of your breath.

"It's alright. You're okay now." It was more of a statement that was meant to reassure himself more than you; you had realized as he gave your hand a squeeze before leaving the room.