#flowersfordate

If you find any grammatical error or any punctuation mark missing please mention in comments section so that I can fix it.

------------------

I half-walk, half-run towards my room  following the ringtone of my phone. After throwing one pillow and the comforter on the ground I finally find it in the centre of the bed, flashing a crazy picture of my best friend, Alex with his tongue out.

With a small smile grazing on my lips I climb the bed and sit in the centre cross-legged. Picking up the phone I hold it to my left ear. "He---"

Before even I could greet him he cut me. "What took you long, Crissy?" he shouted that resulted in me holding my phone away from my ear.

I swear he will make me deaf one day.

Keeping my complaints upto myself I reply to him. "Well hello to you too, Alex. I was downstairs busy ogling Jon Snow so I couldn't pick up faster. Anyways how was your date? "

Instantly I regretted my question because the next thing I know is that he squealed.

Dear ears, are you still working? If yes don't worry you will be retired by the end of this phone call.

"Crissy she is so nice that I feel like I'm already falling for her. If I thought that the first date you arranged for us was perfect you completely proved me wrong this time. And Jesus! Your idea of buying her sunflowers and saying that you are the light in my life sounded so crazy and cliché but as soon as I said those words I got her there. "

I can only imagine him moving his hands in different directions so that he can explain me better.With a small smile still on my lips I inhale and speak, " Breathe Alex, breathe. I'm happy for you. I bet she is thinking about when you're going to ask her to be his girlfriend." I tell him simultaneously thanking God that we aren't face to face or I would have no explanation for the silent tears rolling down my cheeks.

He chuckles and I can clearly imagine him scratching the back of his neck, thinking about my words."Oh shut up! Don't give me ideas. Enough about my love life, what about you missy? When are you gonna date? And please don't give me that you only want to focus on your academics excuse. " Alex states in a tone of finality.

I clear my throat wishing my words don't crack , "I don't know. It's not something I have thought about. "

On the other end I can hear Alex sigh, "Okay so you haven't thought about when you are gonna date but at least you have would thought about how you want to be your first date." I am about to deny when he continues, "Seriously every girl knows about how she wants her first date to be."

I think about his words, unknowingly biting my lower lip and replaying the idea of my first date which can't be reality.

With a dreamy sigh I raise my knees and wrap my arm around it. Keeping my chin on my knee I speak softly, "I may have an idea. "

"I knew it! Behind that nerd facade you have been hiding a bitch who is dying to be taken. Now speak my lady about your fantasies." Alex says trying to imitate British accent in the last sentence but fails miserably which makes me giggle.

"It's nothing classy or big and I'm sure that once I start you will be begging me to stop. "

"Ohi coweone. Stup wit the cuwses ledy aend tewl me emma dwying already."

I roll my eyes not understanding anything. " Alex can you please chew your food and then speak beccause I can't  understand anything. "

There's no response and I wait for him to finish. " Oh sorry I can't turn down Soya stir. "

" Say no more. I know it's your favorite food. "

"Yes!! And girl dad cooks the best soya stir in the world. I'll will bring some for you when we meet next. "

I close my eyes and try to ignore the last part thinking that if I could ignore that I can also ignore that he doesn't even remember that I'm allergic to soya. "No need, I don't like soya. By the way what were you saying. "

"Oh yes. I was telling you stop making excuses and tell me what I'm dying to hear. "

My heart beat accelerates.

He knows?

"W-What you want to hear? " I ask hesitantly.

"Crissy! You were telling me about your dream date. "

I sigh, relieved. "Of course. "

"I'm listening. "

I close my eyes reliving the best moments of my life. " I don't want it to be flashy or costly. I want it to be simple and thoughtful. I don't want candle night dinner, I'll go with McDonald's burger. I don't want to dress up like a barbie to be with him rather wear his t-shirt and trouser that will remind me, I'm his. I want something like watching our movie on the medium sized television on a saturday night, cuddled under the same blanket eating the burnt dishes we tried to make or a simple walk in an empty beach where it's just us holding hands, walking side by side with no fear to be judged. "

"You know I'm okay with your dream date to be on a beach but movie night is a big no-no. Come on, that's our thing. We have been doing that since we were five. We can't add any other person. "

How much I wish I could tell you that I'm not willing to add anybody else but rather it will be just you and me. Together. But as much as the thought cheers me up, it saddens me to know that I may lose you. Forever.

Telling you about my feelings is not a risk I'm taking because I am not ready to lose my only friend for the sake of my immature feelings.

"I know. It's just a thought because it's not that I'm dating anybody anytime soon. "

"Damn! You're such a kid. " he says in duhh tone.

Maybe that's what I'm to him. Just a kid.

"Ale---" I was about to tell him about the movie we could watch tomorrow for the movie night when he cut me.

"Oh shit!! She is calling. I'll talk to you later, okay?  And yes I'm so sorry but I won't be able to stop by tomorrow. I have some.... plans. " He says in a rush and hangs up without even saying good bye.

I look at his crazy picture on the screen and and unwrap my arm around my knees. Holding my phone near my heart I slowly lay on the bed with my head on the pillow which hasn't been mercilessly thrown on the floor along with the comfortor.

"May be one day you will understand how much this simple movie night means to me. " I say to particularly no one looking at the white ceiling allowing my unshed tears to cascade down freely.

----------------

For the #flowersfordate contest. I came to know about this contest today itself and looking at the deadline I wrote the best I could in a rush.

Right now its one shot but I may add this part in one of my future book. Well who knows?

The story is of 1214 words.