Happy Halloween!

Happy SpOoKy season! This is a little oneshot I wrote of a Skye x F!MC for Halloween. This will be in MC (Also named Alex)'s POV. Hope you enjoy! Des~

Edited by my good friend rulesofthebeneath! You can find them on Ao3 or Tumblr so make sure to check them out!

~~~

.

"This idea was ridiculous," Skye snorts. "I can't believe you talked me into this."

"C'mon! I'm dressed as the cutest thing I could imagine," I protest. "Carnivals are supposed to be fun anyways."

She shakes her head with a smile, "Let's see if our friends see it that way when they get here.".

As if on cue, Rory comes up to us, dressed as a cat, and says, "What the heck are you guys dressed as?" in a very confused and concerned voice.

"Isn't it obvious?" I show off my borrowed red and black striped shirt. "We did a clothes swap! It helps that we both have red hair, though mine is a bit shorter."

"Yeah... I got that..." they tell me. "Never thought I'd see Skye in anything that wasn't black, though your plaid jacket looks good on her."

"I know right!" I laugh. Skye jokingly rolls her eyes at us.

"Well, anyways," Rory starts, "Ajay has to take Mohit trick-or-treating before he can meet up, and Erin went along with them." They cross their arms. "What do we do until then?"

"Haunted house?" Skye suggests.

"Let's do pumpkin carving!" I say excitedly. I point. "Look! There's a booth right over there!"

Skye and Rory look at each other and shrug. Rory says, "Why not?"

The three of us make our way to the booth and pay the three dollar fee. We each set off to work, with little comments during. I don't even bother using the other tools and just trace a general outline with a marker. I then stab the pumpkin and start cutting out its eye hole, and then another, giving it a goofy face.

"Tada!" I say as I swivel my creation around so they can see it.

"Aww," Rory says, "That's really cute!" They hold up their finger, telling me to wait, and finish some last minute details. "Check out mine!" they say with a flourish, revealing a hole, with a simple wolf silhouette sticking out in the middle.

I compliment them, saying "Ooh that turned out really nice!".

"How about you, Skye?" they turn to ask. "Almost done?"

"Give me a minute," she replies without taking her focus off her pumpkin.

A few minutes pass as Rory and I talk when Skye finally finishes her carving. She turns it around and the first thing I notice is how there aren't any cuts that have gone all the way though. On the pumpkin is a detailed graveyard, an old gnarled tree coming from the side, and the moon in the other corner. She cut some spots deeper to create a sense of depth in the work.

"Wow," is all I can manage to say.

"There's even little bats and everything!" Rory points out, clearly just as impressed as I am.

Skye shrugs, "I guess sketching all those theater sets paid off."

"You should enter it into the "Pumpkin Slicin" contest!" I suggest, nodding at the sign. "First place gets the pumpkin crown.".

Skye puts her hands up, shaking them as she denies, saying "No no, I couldn't win. It's okay, nothing amazing though."

"I think you would have a good chance," Rory says. "Besides, no harm in trying, right?"