Living death

I always love to wander. Roaming around from place to place and shouting my feelings out to where my feet will lead me is what I ache for. The struggles I'm encountering all the way my journey gives me strength and the reason behind it fuels my desire to continue taking paths.

"PUBLIC CEMETERY"

I read. I'm here.

I walk myself in. It's the usual cemetery, cross, graves and tombstones yet what makes it different from the other cemetery is the sight of the well-shaped mountain that possess a beautiful scene at sunset. Stars can also be seen from the tree house at the edge of the place. I climbed up and put my things down, I stood and let the zephyr welcome me with embrace.

I look at the other side, where the cemetery is at. It's getting dark and the only lamppost working isn't actually working well. I stared and count the countless times the light turns off and on after 5 seconds. I hurt my eye sight because of that so I decided to head my attention to the crepuscule.

Slowly, the bright sun departs after the long day of lighting up the world.

A moment from now, the stars will pave to gleam the darkness that covers the precious view.

I closed my eyes. Life.

"What are you doing here?"

I open my eyes and meet the pair of blazing eyes.

"In my house."

Beat.

I thought no one's dwelling here! I suddenly felt ashamed for residing at the same time it enlightens me. That explains why there is a coach, a small table and a box with a couple of shirts here.

"I swarm up to gaze at the view."

"Priceless."

I heard her murmur.

"Indeed. Money can't buy this precious outlook."

"Precious?"

I saw her smirked. I suddenly noticed the burnt in her left cheeck, it's not that big but it seems like it laid there just now. Her hair is a bit messy as well as her clothes. See glare at me and it gives me chill. Her pair of hazel eyes are emotionless.

"What's precious in this cemetery is that."

She pointed the scenario I'm looking just now.

"But overall, it's not that precious at all."

"Doesn't it solace you?"

She looked at me, emotionless.

"It did. But not anymore."

Suddenly, the rain started pouring, giving our sight an unclear view of the vista.

"Why? It's very pleasing in the eye."

"They please and leave. That's just for temporary. Don't get attached to it that much."

"Hard. Those things are worth to inclined with, though. I know you're aware that nothing is permanent in this world, everything is going. Death is with you every time and keeping yourself away from impermanent things is like existing without living. Why refrain yourself from being satisfied when you can go with the wind and live a life?"

"What for? To suffer? To be more miserable EVERY. SINGLE. SECOND?."

Beat.

"I'm so sick of pain. It jailed me away from my peers, and drown me in my own tears. Life? Haha. Life is Death. Living is killing yourself for everyone's expectations. It's so easy to say, "live your life to the fullest". Foolish! How can you live your life to the fullest when everyone's eyes are waiting for your downfall? They set expectations for you to fail and lose your track and once it happened, boom! You will be look down and thrown away like a waste. It's so traumatic to the point that you are afraid to open up, that every time you see a circle of friends laughing and sharing experiences and memories you'll get envious and will start to doubt yourself as will as the people around you. No one will bother to care and ask for how did your day went, no one shows up every time you stare blankly and would ask what's bothering you. No one sees you as you for they're totally clueless about what's happening in your life because they are contented that you smile and laugh often, not knowing you're just doing that to cover up something that is stabbing you inside. Life?"

She shook her head.

"There is only death."

The lamppost turned off and the moment it light back, the girl is nowhere to be seen but I noticed a frame covered with blood. I look at it, a girl inside a coffin was plastered there. It took me seconds to completely grasp who it was. I read the text over the picture,

"Now, I'm living my life."