11

pic above is another version to Sydney ( Lilly Collins ) and my idea for her was stolen by izzy aka @nightshorrors :)

C H A P T E R ~ E L E V E N

The week without him was one of the times she actually wanted to be with someone else. Sydney was used to the normal routine at the coffee shop-- serve, lunch break, then leave. But now it was her first day of student teaching. She had already gotten through the day somehow. The students treated her with such disrespect that she wanted to break down and cry. The whole time she was imagining Harry as a student, raising his hand awkwardly and answering all the questions correctly.

He was probably much cuter than the students were then.

"I told you, I will have their homework graded." Sydney said, on the phone with the Social Studies teacher. Too bad she barely knew anything of the subject. "I just have about twenty more."

The teacher was infuriated because Sydney had all weekend and that day to grade them. It was only 120 papers to grade, and for teacher that was an hour's work. For Sydney, it was about three days worth. Mostly because she spent most of her time thinking about Harry and texting him.

Mrs. Lax, the Social Studies teacher, hung up after threatening to give her job away to a student "more worthy". And of course after that Sydney cried quite a bit.

Harry: Hey Syd, I miss you x

Sydney: Harry! I missed you way more. You have like no idea! :)

Harry: Aw babe, that's cute. I have good news.

Sydney: Did you just call me babe omg

Harry: I did. I told you multiple times I want to be with you, Syd.

Sydney: Is that the good news? :)

Harry: Okay, the smilies are creeping me out now. But no, that's not it love.

Sydney: Do you realize im crying bc of middle schoolers and you wont tell me a hint of good news right now?

Harry: I didn't. But now I do. Feel better, okay? Days will get better for you, trust me.

Sydney: What makes you say that?

Harry: We're going on another tour and Louisville is one of the first stops!

Sydney: What thats sick! Ill try to buy tickets.
message read 3:01 pm.

Sydney had no idea why, but seeing that Harry didn't respond made her feel even worse. He was her only friend at the time, and she just wanted to have a constant conversation with him. She was engaging in the convo like she should, so what did she do to deserve a... read message?

Just then the door tapped three times, exactly. And then shortly after Sydney neglected to get up, someone tapped on the door to the rhythm of What Makes You Beautiful. It was probably Elise, bugging her about calculus homework. Oh, the benefits of being friends with a senior.

She lazily got up and didn't bother to look in the peephole. They were cheaply made, just like the rest of the dormitory building anyway.

When she came eye-to-eye with her visitor, she almost blacked out. "I--"

"I'll have a tall caramel macchiato and a chocolate chip cookie."

♣♣♣

no this is not the end of the story :)))

but its very close to the end :)

this chapter was so cute even though it was short i really liked it! what do you guys think?

- Alex