checking in!

"Why must he live so far away from my house..."

I mused to myself as I looked up towards the beautiful azure sky dotted with cotton-like clouds, slightly shaded by the clusters of leaves of the tree I was under. Sighing yet again, my hand reached into my pocket to take out my phone. The screen lit up, showing the time. 4:08 PM. 

I departed from 3 and now I'm still not even halfway to this idiot's house...

You, as a reader, might be thinking: what the hell is happening right now? Who is this person talking, and why is he under a tree sighing endlessly and talking nonstop about another person?

Well then. Let me, Kim Namjoon, tell you all you need to know so far.

one hour ago...

"A housewarming?" I asked through the phone call, my other hand watering the little money plant I had grown near my bedroom window. It was a lazy Saturday afternoon, and I had planned to just pamper myself for the rest of the day, occasionally writing a few songs or maybe hang around in my studio. Although, it seems that Seokjin has other plans.

"Yeah, I've already sent a letter to you. Did you not receive it?" Seokjin's voice rang in my ears, his tone seemingly hurried and busy. 

"Hmm? Nope, no letter for me." I replied as I went out briskly to check my mailbox, to which I was met with no letter in sight.

"Aw man, don't tell me I messed up the address again..." Seokjin sighed deeply.

"It's okay, I can still go there, that is, if I know your address..." I mumbled.

"Are you sure? Do you need me to ask Hoseok to pick you up?" 

"No, no, it's absolutely fine! I don't wanna bother Hobi-hyung about this," I replied hastily. Bothering my hyungs about such a small matter was a bit unnecessary. "Plus, isn't Hobi-hyung already picking up Yoongi-hyung?"

"Oh, yeah. Almost forgot that."

"Yah, just don't bother those two! I can go there myself!" I decided determinedly, though Seokjin was surprised by my decision.

"Wait, what?! You sure? My house's pretty far away from yours, plus you don't even have a car-"

"Nah, I can make it!" I said with confidence. "Give me your address!"

"Well, if you say so..."

one hour later...

"Maybe it wasn't such a bright decision, after all..." I said to myself as I watched the sky's colours slowly transform from baby blue to orange and pale yellow. 

As I feel my eyelids grow heavy with tiredness, I ignored my entire surroundings, and gave in to my fatigue. Moments later, I was slumped under the cool shade of the tree, asleep.

!

"Hmm..."

I groaned as my eyes opened slowly, eyelids fluttering like a butterfly's wings taking flight. Taking in my surroundings, I looked to my left, then to my right. The road in front of me was dark, however a trail of streetlamps illuminated its path.

My heavy eyes followed the road, and it led to a brightly lit building not too far away from where I sat. My eyebrows furrowed as I got up from my position, dusting the leaves off my backside.

"So I was almost there, after all?" I asked myself. "Gosh, Namjoon, can't you bother taking another few more steps?"

While saying so, I made my way down the dimly lit road towards the building. And that was when my eyes made out what the building was, and it looked nothing like the small, cozy-looking house that Seokjin had sent me a picture of two hours ago.