Introduction

"Sir, I need to talk to you, right now!"

The woman, with a pile of papers in her trembling hands, hurriedly ran after a man, decorated in shiny gold clothing, head to toe.  He stopped his moving feet and stood, his back to the woman.  

His hair was messy as though he had been running his fingers through it all morning.  The muscles flexed in his back as he prevented himself from walking away.

"What is it, Becky?"

Finally he turned around to stare at the panting woman with his fiery gold eyes.  He tapped his foot against the ground, violently.

Too out of breathe, she shoved the papers to his chest.

"Look at this."

Her words were shaky as she sucked in air, greedily.  The woman nervously swiped the hair from her eyes and watched him scan over the papers.  A fear bubbled in her chest when a hostile expression sizzled across his face.

He looked up from the papers and asked, trying to keep himself sane, "Is this true?  Is she really..."

He couldn't bring himself to finish his sentence, for a pang attacked his chest, and he had to clench his fists, tightly to keep himself from destroying something.

Becky hesitated a little before answering.

"Yes, she is."

She spoke slowly as if testing the waters before jumping in head first.  He narrowed his thick eyebrows.

"Damn it!, " collecting his breathing, "Send her down."

A foul taste invaded his mouth, and he felt the sudden urge to throw up.  A couple people, passing by, stared at the two with confusion.  His gaze locked with theirs.

"What are you staring at?  Get back to work!"

"Yes, Sir."

Becky unsure of what to do, played with the soft fabric of her shirt.  She quietly asked, "Sir, is there anything else you would like?"

He pushed his dark hair to the side.

"I don't want to be bothered.  Is that clear?"

"Yes, Sir."

"Good."

With that he stormed off, the papers tumbling to the floor with each step he took.

***************************************************************************

Zander rubbed the creases of his forehead, but not a single crease seemed to vanish.  Lined papers, yellow papers, and crumbled papers were scattered across his desk in a dysfunctional manner.

His eyes were heavy with sleep and frustration dwelled within his mind, for running the pack was proving to be too much.

"Alpha, what's the matter?"  his beta asked, walking in through the open door.

Straightening himself in his chair, he cleared his throat.

"Don't worry about it, Jordan.  I'll figure it out."

But as he said the words, Zander wondered whether or not he would.  Jordan decided to let it go even though, he knew Zander was struggling.

"Oh, okay then."

He started to walk away with swift steps, but Zander quickly butted into his departure.

"Hey, Jordan?"

He stopped to tilt his head back towards the stressed man.

"Yes, Alpha?"

"Did you need something in here?"

Jordan felt his body almost jolt with remembrance of his mission.  He morphed his features to that of business.

"Yes, a woman was found wandering the south border.  Our guards have brought her in for questioning, but she won't talk, says she doesn't want to talk to someone unless she knows who they are. Oh and Alpha.... She kept saying your name."

Stunned, Zander thought about it for a moment, and as he looked down at the nightmare of paperwork, he shuddered.

"Okay, tell them to leave her sit, and I'll be there shortly."

"Yes, Alpha."

With that, Jordan peered to the ground and walk out of the office.

*************************************************************************

Hey, guys.  Thanks for giving my story a shot and I hope you like it.  I would love to hear suggestions and feedback in the comments below.  Also, don't forget to vote if you liked it.

- Sara Buck :)