Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Meeting the Brown Eyes

Song for this Chapter: Everything Has Changed

        Hi, I am Lauren Jauregui. We--me and my bestfriend, Normani--just moved in Nermac, it's a city. You see we were accepted at Nermac State University, one of the most prestigious school in the country, so we have to move in. We are renting an apartment fifteen minutes away from the University. I love the apartment. It's not too big nor small, it's enough for me and Mani, it has two bedrooms, a cute living room and a kitchen, oh and a bathroom. I threw my black hoody and jeans on, and put on my converse. Normani was busy unpacking her stuffs, so I decided to explore the place since I am done unpacking mine, sort of. I heard there's a park near the apartment with a view of the Nermac sea. 

        I kind of thinking a typical park, but I was wrong. It was beautiful. There are trees scattered everywhere, plants with different flowers, benches, and the sea--oh Wow. Kids were playing, couples dating, families having a good time. I never seen something so perfect---and I was wrong again. As I explore the park I heard something, a voice actually, singing nearby. It was soulful that I found myself finding the owner.

       I found it. The trees were high, the flowers are more stunning in this part of the park,  no people around--well except for her. A girl, wearing blue jacket and jeans and a bow placed cutely on her hair, was sitting on a bench, facing the great view of the sea, singing with her soft husky voice. I don't even know what she's singing, it's not English, but I know it's sad. I just stood there stupidly, watching her. Suddenly, she stopped.

        "I know you're there," said the girl. Her hair was dark, caressing her waist. I wasn't able to talk. Then I heard her voice again. "I feel you, you know."

        I walked over to her, ashamed of myself. "I'm sorry for interrupting," I told her. "Y-your voice is--nice--beautiful." I mentally slapped my face. I was so lame.

        The girl chuckled. She didn't move her head to look at me. "Thank you," said the girl softly.

        I stood there awkwardly, biting the inside of my cheek. I walked past her and admired the sea. I forgot being shy and sighed dreamily. "Nice view," I said, turning around to look at her, but she didn't move to look at me, she's just staring infront. She smiled and said, "I couldn't tell." She's so pretty.

        "What?" I asked. I furrowed my eyebrows staring at her. Her eyes were just staring at the sea. Or were they? I moved closer to her. She didn't move. I waved a hand infront of her face, her eyes didn't move. The truth hit me like a ton of bricks.

        "Do you really have to do that?" she chuckled. "I felt your hand."

       "I--I..I'm sorry. I didn't know," I stammered, feeling more embarassed. "I shouldn't have mentioned the view. It--it was kind of rude."

        She smiled genuinely, I felt my heart beating faster. "It's okay. In fact, I like hearing how beautiful the view is." She chuckled softly. "I wish I could see how beautiful it is myself, though. Do you want to sit? I know you're still standing."

  "Ah--sure." I sat beside her. "Don't feel bad about this, but I have to ask, how did you get here?"

 "I am with a friend," said the girl. "She left for an hour to buy a toothbrush."

        Now that I am sitting close to her, I can see her chocolate eyes more clearly, and it was more beautiful than the park and the sea combined. "Wow." I think I heard myself whisper.

"What's 'wow' about buying a toothbrush?" she asked smiling.

"It's not the toothbrush," I told her. "I--It's nothing."