One

"Carla!" Emma yells from down the stairs. I tighten my daughter's ponytail one last time before she looks up to me with so much sparkles in her adorable eyes.

"Done Mama?"

       "All done baby. Go and find mommy before she has a heart attack," I tease to the four year old. She giggles and slips right out of my lap. I cringe when I hear her storm down the stairs because everything about this home is too big and dangerous for a toddler. I probably have about a dozen heart attacks a day.

     But this is my life now. I wake up, I breast feed Bella, and then I meet the love of my life downstairs. She cooks breakfast, we all eat, and then I leave for work. My job is very important. Not only am I an animator but I am also a technical engineer. That iphone you're using right now....I had everything to do with it and then some. Yes, I am smart, too smart for my own good and now I own a multibillion dollar company.

     My wife? Well, she's everyone's dream right? In highschool she was the IT girl. I mean, everyone loves a blonde with blue-green eyes and the perfect physique. Her smile makes everyone's day better and that same smile was all over tv. She just started off as a model and then BOOM! She's the actress that everyone wants to cast on their show. America's young prodigy.

     "Hey babe," her big smile shines. The moment I come closer her lips puck for a kiss that I gladly give. With what little energy I have, I help Carla into her chair and soak in the soothing smell of breakfast. "Are you okay?"

"I'm great. Are you okay?" I stress this because something seems off. I even have the nerve to adjust my glasses so I can assess her better. Every move she makes is hesitant as if she's scared.

     Don't let this beauty fool you. She's a broken shell of a woman. Ever since I've met her she had at least 5 mental breakdowns. Sometimes she finds herself loosing it, but I'm always here for her when she needs it. Thankfully, this isn't the case today. She has some secret threatening to bubble out.

      "I got a new gig," she reveals with a forced smile. Then she cringes under my shocked eyes. Emma Swan hasn't been on tv in what? Four years maybe, because she needed a break and that's what famous people do. They just deface themselves from the planet. But no, Emma Swan feels obligated so, instead of taking a real break, she guess starred in a shit ton of shows instead of keeping her ass still.

"Emma," I sigh with frustration.

        "I know, I know but I think I'm good now."

"You think?" I frown with squinted eyes.

          "I'm good." She confirms with a shrug. I roll my eyes like a child and rest my chin in my palm dramatically, like a child. I can only hope that she'll be fine.

High School isn't always for everyone especially when you go to a prep school. Even at a prep school it still has the highs and the lows. Whether you're on the high end or the low end is up to you but I'm on neither. I keep to myself. Nobody really talks to an anxious girl with dorky glasses and her face stuck in a book. So the loner is what I am and a loner is what I like to be.

     My mother hates that I'm alone with maybe like one friend. I mean, I don't mind. It's fine... sometimes. When I walk the halls of this crowded school with everyone crowding their lockers and having fun with each other, my heart is heavy sometimes. I wish I were them but I know, deep down, I will be better than them. Maybe not now but in the future I will be.

     At lunch I sit alone. Everyone has their group and I have mine: me. I only eat an apple because  if I eat too much my anxiety makes me nauseous and I wouldn't last the day. Only a dork has this problem, I mean seriously?!