chapter 4

Izy's POV:
Today's the big day! This is the most excited I've been since well... you know. But today we're going to California! And schools over thank god. I couldn't take one more day of teachers, quizzes, and idiotic kids. We packed all the day before and both of us had two giant suitcases full of clothes, shoes, and makeup. We were at the airport saying goodbye to our parents. My mom was crying and mumbling "I'm sorry" and " be safe" and telling us she loved us. My dad gave us tips on basketball and told us to make sure we kept our heads up so we could see down the court for passes. When he was done he kissed us on our foreheads and said: "I love you two, stay safe." We walked off into the airport promising we'd call when we landed. Before we knew it we were sitting on a plane (after a small argument on who got the window seat, which I won) and I was staring down at our home getting smaller and smaller until it looked like a little toy town.
About two hours later I was being shaken awake by Hannah telling me it was time to get off. I had slept through the whole plane ride which isn't strange because I can literally fall asleep anywhere. We got off the plane and retrieved our luggage and then waited outside for our Aunt. When she arrived she gave us big hugs and she was crying. We got into the car and I was forced into the back seat while Hannah got shotgun. "Stitches" by Shawn Mendes was playing and I took a deep breath. We were finally getting the chance to start over.