Chapter Eight

The Bahamas. The beautiful tropical paradise greeted us. I was giddy with excitement as Lisa held my hand and led me through the busy streets for our hotel right on the beach side. I had never been happier in my whole life and it was all because of the way Lisa and I had been loving on each other since the first time we had sex. My body ached in a pleasant way from our last romp right before we docked. I couldn't get enough of her and couldn't wait to get her alone again.

From the corner of my eye, I glanced at her and felt proud to be beside this beautiful woman. She made me feel delicate and cherished. I was probably in over my head but I didn't care. I didn't want to analyze what had changed about our relationship. Lisa had seemed keen on acting as though this was quite normal between us. She seemed so confident about what was happening to us that I didn't want to seem the insecure one. I would go with the flow and see where it led.

Her hand shifted to my lower back, just above the swell of my ass. I shivered and she glanced down at me and winked. Oh how I wished I knew what was going on inside her head. I'd feel much more at ease. I'd try to be patient and maybe being here in the Bahamas for the night, she would finally tell me what was happening to us. I didn't dare dream she felt the same way I did about her.

Had she just been horny? And I mean, it wasn't like I had been resistant at all on the yacht.

Had I just been a convenient lay?

I frowned. No, I didn't believe that for one minute. Lisa was not that type of person. At least I didn't think she was. Doubt ate at me though as I thought about Lisa's past girlfriends. None had ever lasted for long. Why should I feel I was someone special?

Lisa led me inside the hotel lobby area and we approached the front desk. The pretty woman at the front desk glanced up as we approached. Her friendly smile widened and her eyes lit up when she spotted Lisa. She looked from Lisa to me and back to her, trying to hide the recognition from showing in her eyes but she was too late.

"Hi Irene, I was hoping you were working the front desk today."

"Li-Ms. Manoban, how good of you to stay with us again," Irene answered.

"This is my wife, Jennie." Lisa propelled me forward and I had no option but to shake the hand the girl extended to me. I couldn't help noticing how beautiful she was. Her skin was flawless. As if she weren't already perfection personified, when she smiled even her damn teeth were perfect and pearly white.

I mumbled that it was nice to meet her then feigned interest in some catalogs on the counter while Lisa sorted out our rooms. Angrily, I wondered how many women she had taken here and if Irene had been one of her past flings. By the way the woman smiled at her, it wouldn't take a lot to rekindle that fire.

"Thanks for saving us the best room on such short notice," Lisa ended. "I'll see you around."

"Sure thing. Anything you need, don't hesitate to call me."

"You're a gem, Irene." Since we had only one piece of luggage with us, I didn't look at her while we went up the elevator to the top floor alone. Irene had saved the presidential suite for Lisa, of course. I stared at the red light of the camera to keep myself from saying something stupid.

But I couldn't help asking her when the elevator let us off and we walked toward the room door. I was so caught up in my feelings I could barely enjoy the beautiful surroundings. "Do you come here often?"

"Every now and then," she answered. "It's a nice place to getaway and relax when things get too much."

I wanted to ask her who she took with her when she was here, but I swallowed the words and decided to make the best of the situation until I had all the facts.

I yawned as we entered the suite. I was temporarily distracted by the beauty of the layout, from the rug on the floor to the draperies and delicate pieces of furniture.

"You must be worn out," she said with a smile, letting go of her bags so she could wrap her arms around my waist. She pulled me in for a swift kiss and I almost forgot that I was on the verge of being mad at her.

"I could use a nap," I acknowledged, "but we'll be here for only a day. I want to see as much as I can."

"Hey, we're not in a hurry," she said with a smile. "If you want to see the whole damn island, we'll wait until you do before leaving. Now go take a nap."

"Really, Lisa. I'll be..." a yawn took away the last word.

She gave me a blank stare. "Go take a nap or I'll have to spank you." I sucked in a deep breath at the dangerously seductive gleam in her eyes.

"Fine, but what will you be doing when I'm sleeping?" I asked.

"Just check in at the yacht, speak to the captain and then come right back here."

"Okay." I undressed and crawled into bed. Lisa approached the side of the bed and sat beside me. Leaning over, she dropped a kiss on my forehead.

"Call your mom and let her know you're okay," she told me.

I nodded. "Okay."

She smiled. "I'm so glad you agreed to marry me, Jennie. There's no way I could have let you marry that fool."

I opened my mouth to respond but she kissed me. "Go to sleep."