Chapter 5

I bumped into Henry and he seemed like he had a few drinks himself.

"Hey."

"Hey." He said back.

"Cool party, don't you think?" He asked.

"Sure, it's so cliché though." I said.

"Huh?" I assumed that he could not hear me because of the noise so I directed him to the balcony.

"I said, it's cliché."

"It's a high school party, what do you expect? Plus, I heard the girl throwing it is super hot and apparently every dude wants to get in her pants." I laughed. Well, that was true.

Emma was a typical popular high school girl, and that meant that she was mean too. An exact replica of Regina George. Only, less pretty.

"Emma? Okay. You haven't met her?"

"I don't know, not officially. But I'd love to."

"Okay." I mean, I would not like that but Henry was new in town and he was allowed to meet new people and I wouldn't want to badmouth Emma. He would see for himself that she was bad news.

"You seem out of place, is it your first party?"

"Come on, are you kidding me? I am Kylie's best friend. I have been to thousands of these. That is why I don't really enjoy them anymore unless maybe I was in the mood to party. Otherwise, I just walk around here and observe the typical behaviours of high school drunkards and thirsty girls and I also observe to see anything new happening. I can actually predict what will happen next. They are all the same."

"Okay then party observer, slash, predictor. What is going to happen next?" It came out like he was challenging me, wanting to test my skills.

"A couple might walk in here thinking that nobody's up here..." I paused and sucked on my teeth, then went on, "wanting to make out. They'd both be drunk and the girl will be the one to say 'oh, I am so sorry, I didn't know that somebody was up here.' Then turns to the guy to tell him that they must go find another place." He laughed at me, although I felt like it's because he was drunk too.

"Most of the times, I tell them that I will be the one to leave."

"So, you're always hanging around the balcony?"

"Or outside, wherever I can get air." I shrugged my shoulders.

"Have you like, tried to enjoy any of these parties? Why do you even come then?"

"So many questions Hen." I teased and snatched his drink from him and gulped it down. The heat from the alcohol caused me to shut my eyes.

"Damn! What is in this thing?"

"I've been to many parties Navia. And I do not share my secrets."

"Whatever dude. Anyway, to answer your question,  I come because Kylie manipulates me into coming and I need to take care of her when she is wasted and also, it's kind of fun looking at these fools do crazy shit. It's funny sometimes. And enjoying? I've passed that phase." I laughed. "I'm joking. I do sometimes. And today is not one of those times."

"You are one complicated girl Navia."

"I know right. Hey, uh...do you want to take a walk?" I asked.

"Yea... why not?"

Henry and I walked out of the party and the lack of the reek of alcohol felt great. I breathed in the fresh air like it was my first time.

Henry had so much energy, it was insane. He ran back and forth and I laughed at him. He came behind me and startled me and I hit him. Or at least attempted to because he blocked me by holding both my hands in his and he grinned. I laughed at him hysterically and rolled my eyes.