Chapter 01

I am a hybrid vampire. Since I was a kid, I lived in the human world and grew up to be a normal human.

Saying that I'm normal is not exactly right because I find myself weird.

I always pass exams with an extremely high score without studying at all, during the school day I usually fall asleep. Still, at night, I could not sleep for a second.

About appearance, I have very frightening white skin, and my lips are always red even without lipstick. Not only that, but I also have strange hobbies, all kinds of raw meat are my favorite food. The thing I hate the most in the world is garlic, and especially I am afraid of the bright sunlight, it makes me feel like I was burned.

But even more bizarre, I had to drink bloody red blood every twice a week, which my mother explained was a blood tonic ...

But all of this didn't prove anything until I was 15. Something happened, which made me realize that- "I'm not a human being."

It was a weekend for me and my friend, Chaito, who sat down to read books and ate apples together. Suddenly, Chaito had her hand cut off by the knife she cut while she was slicing apples, bright red blood spouted out. ...

I stared into the bloodstream, craning my neck to take a deep breath, suddenly feeling hot, my whole body felt like it was on fire, especially my eyes. I can feel the blood hunger is scratching in my veins. My gaze continually glanced toward Chaito's beautiful white neck, with the only wish of scratching it with my teeth.

And.... I did that really, only after I had drained dozens of cc of Chaito's blood did I realize in a panic that I had done something horrible: "suck human blood."

Chaito stared at me stuttered:

- Yu..me .... could it be ... you're a vam...

But she couldn't finish the sentence as Chaito fell down because she was too scared. I watched my best friend fainted, leaving two of my teeth marks on her neck, panicking over what to do.

In the end, I tried to calm down and phoned my mother. Maybe at this time, only she could help me...

My mother appeared shortly afterward and helped me settle everything. Chaito was brought home and erased that scary memory. I was also told by my mom the truth about my identity.

It turned out my mother was a noble Vampire, but she fell in love with my father, a completely normal person, and I was born crystallized for their beautiful love. Because my mother wanted me to lead a normal life like other children, my mother kept the truth about who I was for years.

She didn't want me to live was always tormented, enslaved by hunger, but there was another reason why she didn't want me to live like a vampire because, in my mother's eyes, the vampires were terrifying creatures, compared to them humans are much easier to deal with. They are intelligent, they are beautiful, but that is why they are more dangerous than any creature ...

This truth is a big shock to me. I dare not believe that I am not a human being, but a monster, nothing more.

I'm scared, I'm panicked. I don't dare to believe anything anymore. I locked myself in my room for a few days out of fear that once I went out, I would face with an incredibly harsh truth.

I lay in the room - alone, trying to stop the tears flowing down the corners of my eyes, who am I? Am I a human or a devil?

So many questions in my mind that made me want to explode, it turned out that the people who always lived with me, they weren't all like me, but if I didn't belong here, where would I belong?

- Yume, can you come in? _ My mother's sudden sound at the door made me jump up quickly, wiping my husky tears with my hand and saying:

- Yes, go ahead.

My mother came into the room, sat down beside me, and gently took my hand and said:

- You don't blame me, do you? I did that just because I wanted you to have a normal life like everyone else.

- I don't blame you, but ... tell me, is this not true? _ I put my head into her hands, bitterly asking.

My mother looked at me with painful eyes, gently stroked my hair and said:

- I'm sorry, but the truth is still true, you can't deny forever ...

- So I'm not a human? Am I really a vampire? _ I rushed to ask.

- It's undeniable that you're a hybrid vampire, I'm sorry but now is the time to face the truth, I think this is a good time for you to return to a Vampire society.

- Vampire society?

- Yes, you can not study here anymore, I have asked for your admission to LANCI Academy, the only vampire academy, you will go there tomorrow_my mother said

- It can't be, I don't know anyone there, how can I study right away, I have many friends here too_I cried out in panic.

- This cannot be delayed anymore, if you are here you will only hurt the people around you, Lanci is where you belong, prepare everything, tomorrow I will take you there- my mother said grimly and stood up to leave, but when she came to the door she stopped and turned to look at me softly saying:

- I'm sorry, but please understand me, Yume? You must go there to study, for your sake, for everyone around you and for me too...

I stared at the shadow of my mother, dazed, my life starting from here has turned to another page ...