{ 14 }

~ JACK ~
"Elsa!" I called out. I watched as the petite girl ran out of the shadows and faced me. Her expression worried. "Elsa, come here." I said, opening my arms. She shook her head as she slowly and gracefully walked towards me, taking care in each step. Suddenly her expression flashed to horror as she pointed behind me. I turned and saw a dark figure running at me, with a knife. I felt a knife in my own hand and, in self defence, drove the knife into my attacker that was running from the darkness. As they slumped to ground, clutching the knife in their chest, did I see who it was.
Me.

"Jack?" A voice whispered in my ear. My eyes flew open and to my chest. I was alive. I was okay. That was scary. I looked around and saw Olaf staring at me.

"Sir!" I said, formally.

"Cut that. It's Olaf." He said, looking at me with tired grey eyes. "I think it's best you see Elsa now."

"Thank you...Olaf." I nodded seriously. He smiled weakly and lead me to a white door. His hand rested on my shoulder, and he turned me to look at him.

"Now you may not like what you see in here. But it's all there is now..." Olaf sounded like he was going to cry.

"What do you mean?" I asked. He just shook his head and pushed open the door. I walked into the quiet room. Elsa was laying in a bed, her eyes closed, her chest barely moving. The colour was drained from her face, all her skin really. Her hair was spread across the pillow. She looked...not peaceful. Just dying. I slowly walk over to her bed, and stand at her side. My hand moves out automatically and takes her freezing cold, delicate hand. I rub my thumb over her skin lovingly. "Oh Elsa..." I sighed and closed my eyes, holding back the tears.

"She's my little angel ..." Olaf cried. His voice breaking.

"I love her sir. And if tomorrow never comes for her, I want you to know how much I fell for your niece. She was my everything, in the numbered days." I knelt down and kissed her cheek softly. I ran a hand through my white hair and sighed, my breath shaking as I let go of her hand.

"I just wanted to say, thank you for getting my niece here. I am grateful. You must've loved her."

"I do...I love- wait. Did you say loved?" I stared at him. That's when I noticed he looked like he'd been crying. His eyes were glassy, his eyes puffy, face red.

"She...." He cut off, sobbing.

"NO. No you're not telling the truth." I spat. "Tell me it's not true. Tell me it's a story. It's a dream. Wake up. Wake up." I smacked my forehead but Olaf stopped me.

"Lad, go home. Okay? There's no luck for her. She might as well have killed herself. She won't get better. She's shut her own body down." Olaf bit his lip as tears gushed down his broad face. I nodded, numb, and walked to the door. My head spinning. Anger rushing through me. I took one last look at my dying Elsa.

Pitch must pay.

Outside of the hospital, I revved up my motorbike and set off.

~ HICCUP ~

The gang and I burst through the hospital doors.

"Can I help you?" Asked a nurse.

"Elsa Arendelle! She's my cousin!" Punzie cried. I stared at her in shock they were related. But Punz never liked Elsa at the start ...?

"You never told us!" Merida gasped. Punz shrugged.

"Of course. I'll take you right too her. But I believe you are too late."
The nurse said softly. Numbly, we followed her through the labyrinth of foul smelling hallways and shiny, pastel coloured floors. My heart filled with dread. Merida took my hand and squeezed it. I squeezed back and sighed.