Chapter 2

Timeskip
Years later

Naruto slowly awakens to the sound of the alarm. After getting up and turning off the alarm, he gives a quick glance at the time. 08:36.

"Shit! The professor is going to kill me for being late!" He thinks to himself before jumping out of bed and putting a fresh set of clothes on. Looking at the calendar before exiting the dorm, Naruto realized that he doesn't have any classes today. Laughing at his mistake, Naruto decides to head to the library to study for an upcoming test.

Ten minutes later

After getting to the library, Naruto goes looking through the shelves to find the needed textbooks. After spending a few minutes looking for the textbooks, he accidentally bumps into someone, the person he bumped into landing on the floor.

Looking to who he bumped into, he could see a woman in her early twenties. Naruto already knew the person. Her name is Sam Winchester, one of the students in his classes. Also one of the people he had to work on a project with. Naruto lets out a nervous chuckle, reaching his hand out for Sam to grab onto. "I'm sorry, Sam. I should've watched where I was walking." Naruto says, averting his eyes from the woman.

"No, no. It's fine! I wasn't watching where I was walking. What's your name again? Nathan?" Sam asks in a sweet voice. The voice reminded him of someone, but he wasn't sure who it reminded him of. Sam grabs onto Naruto's hand, being pulled up by him. "No. It's actually Nagahi (I'm just using a random website that I found with names). But you were close. Anyway, what are you here for? I don't normally see you here." Naruto asks, before looking around for the required textbooks, Sam following directly behind him.

"I was studying for for my class. But what about you? I don't normally see you out and about." Sam inquires, finding it truly odd that he was in the library. She receives a small chuckle from Naruto. "I was actually going to study for the upcoming test. The one next week." Naruto replies, before giving up. However, before he could tell her that he has given up on finding the textbooks, he could see Sam holding the textbooks he had been looking for.

"Yeah, I remember the upcoming test. That's the main reason why I'm here, and not in my dorm. I find the library much more peaceful, know what I mean?" She asks, finding a place to sit, Naruto following behind her. Naruto nods, having studied in the library a couple of times.

"Yeah, I know what you mean. Anyway, do you know where I can find the required textbooks?" Naruto asks, still unsure of where to find them. Sam gives a short laugh before she stares at Naruto. "You didn't know that you have to buy them yourself?" She asks, finding it a little odd that he's made it this far without textbooks.

Naruto thinks to himself a little, vaguely remembering being told that he had to buy his own textbooks. "Uhh, I guess I forgot. But, for now at least, is it okay if we study together?" Naruto asks, hoping he wasn't being to much of a hassle for asking that question.

"Sure, but only because you don't have textbooks." She replies, surprising Naruto. Naruto smiles and thanks her, sitting next to her. Sam gives off a smile herself, she and Naruto beginning the study.

Time skip: 3 hours later

Naruto lets out a small sigh of relief. Although he enjoyed his classes, and enjoyed passing them, he didn't like studying. While the study went well, Sam had to excuse herself early because she got a call from her brother, but he paid no attention to the name.

Laying on his bed, Naruto closed his eyes, hoping to take a nap. At least until his alarm rang. Quickly pulling out his phone, Naruto looks at the time. "I guess it's lunchtime. But what do I have for lunch?" Naruto asks himself, getting up to leave his dorm to go find something to eat.