Go Jetters ~ Fireworks

Kyan crafts a plan to make New Year's Eve perfect for Xuli.

December 31st, 10:06am

"This is fun" Foz commented sarcastically as he  passed a G.O Shield over to Kyan. The two of them had been organising click-ons for the past hour. "Cheer up Foz, the quicker we get this done, the sooner we can help decorate for tonight!" prompted Kyan, adding the G.O Shield to it's 23 lookalikes.

The young genius raised an eyebrow. Usually, organising click-ons would be something short of torture for Kyan. "Why are you so chipper?" Foz asked, turning to the pile of G.O Boots. "I'm always this happy!" the gymnast insisted.

"You really aren't" Foz remarked.

"Okay, I'm not," Kyan admitted, "I'm just excited for the new year!" "And decade" the genius added, beginning to pair the many G.O Boots.

Kyan smiled. His lie had worked. He was, of course, excited for the celebrations for the new year, but he was planning to do something much more. Xuli and Kyan had been in a secret relationship for a month. The gymnast was going to make this new year Xuli's best. She was worth it.

13:48pm

The two Go Jetters had almost finished. The click-ons were no longer in massive piles and back where they were supposed to be. Kyan was, lastly, placing pairs of G.O Climb onto the designated shelf. "Come on Kyan!" Foz groaned, "when we get there, all the smoothies will have gone!" "Why don't you go to the canteen and I'll lock the storage room" suggested Kyan, a neat opportunity arising. "Okay!" agreed Foz, before he tossed the keys to Kyan and sped out of the door.

The gymnast smiled. "Perfect" he thought before he turned back to the G.O Climbs. Kyan continued to place pairs back on the shelf until there was only two pairs left. However, Kyan picked up the two G.O Climbs and left the storage room, locking the door behind.

15:32pm

The four Go Jetters were raking through cardboard boxes stuffed with all sorts of seasonal decorations. Everyone was to be gathered outside to watch fireworks that night, yet that wasn't going to stop them from decorating the balustrades with banners and blaring music from speakers. "Okay, find anything gold or silver, Go Jetters!" Ubercorn called out, stood next to many different kinds of lighting systems and lasers.

"You could get lost in the boxes here!" decided Tala, who had volunteered to help. "And we have to search through all of them" sighed Xuli, eyes darting across the contents before pushing the box away. "It will all be worth it tonight" Lars stated, trying to keep spirits high (as always).

Ubercorn, who with the help of some other willing cadets, was connecting many cables to the decks on the balcony. He looked over to the sea of boxes beneath him, "these decorations need to be organised-" "No. More. Organising" objected Foz, who had made the mistake of searching a box that was the same height as him and was balanced precariously on the edge of it.

The Go Jetters and Tala sniggered. Kyan opened another box and looked inside. Laying upon the multiple other decorations was a red-and-white, checkered table cover. Kyan looked over to Xuli as an idea popped into his head. Xuli turned around and smiled confusingly. The gymnast shook himself out of his daydream and continued to look in the cardboard box. When he was sure no one was watching, he discreetly pulled out the table cover...

"Kyan, we only need gold and silver, not red!" reminded Lars, who was halfway through pulling a seemingly endless silver banner from a box. If Kyan wasn't flustered in that moment, he could of thought of multiple excuses for his action. However, he said...

"Oh yeah..."

Kyan placed the cover back, defeated and clueless of how to sneak it away now. The gymnast just looked over to the excess of cardboard boxes... "Why don't I start putting some of the unneeded boxes back?" Kyan wondered, almost tripping over the scattered cardboard. "Good idea. I think I've checked this one three times now" Xuli stated, pushing a box in Kyan's direction. The gymnast picked it up, hoping the pilot hadn't noticed him staring constantly at her, and began to walk into the academy.

"Need any help, Kyan?" Tala asked. "No thanks" answered Kyan, plan back in motion. Tonight could be only the best.

19:57pm

Cadets were sat around tables in the training dome, eating and chatting merrily. In a few minutes, everyone was going to head outside for Ubercorn's speech before dancing the night away. The Go Jetters were sat around a table together, talking and laughing, until a call interrupted them.

"Foz, come over here!" Tala waved from another. Foz smiled, "I'll be right back..." Lars, Kyan and Xuli watched Foz walk away. "Why doesn't he just ask her out already?" Kyan puzzled. The three of them chuckled. "Anyway, Ubercorn will probably need my help with the microphone," Lars explained, before standing up, "One second."

"So, it's just us now" Xuli said when Lars was out of earshot. She and Kyan reached under the table and held each other's hand. "I need to say something before anyone gets back" announced Kyan, dropping his voice. "Okay then," Xuli replied, bewildered, "say something." "At 11:50, go to the other end of the academy" Kyan explained. He noticed Foz approaching and sped up, "don't tell anyone or be concerned- Hey Foz!"

Xuli was very confused but the tapping of a microphone stopped her from asking any further questions. Lars ran back to the table and Ubercorn began his speech.

23:50pm

Xuli managed to slip away from her friends and began to make her way around the academy dome. Why had Kyan been acting so strangely today? "Guess I'm about to find out" she thought as Kyan came into view.

She became even more confused when she saw that  he was holding G.O Climbs. "Kyan, you know we're not allowed to "borrow" click-ons" reminded Xuli. Kyan simply pushed a G.O Climb into her hands. "We're climbing the academy... let's go!" Kyan jumped up and gripped onto the side of the academy. Xuli shook her head and followed after him.

Halfway up the dome, Xuli thought aloud, "what if we are seen?" "Don't worry, all the teachers are at the party" Kyan insisted. Xuli pushed her curiosity aside and continued to climb.

Eventually, the two of them reached the top of the academy. Laid out was a red-and-white, checkered blanket, surrounded by multiple lit tea lights. It was cliché, but adorable.

"Oh Kyan..." breathed Xuli, looking at the little scene. Kyan simply smiled and sat down on the blanket, "take a seat, m'lady." Xuli sat down next to Kyan, hands linked.

There was a low murmur of cadets and music below. The two teens sat looking up to the stars, sprinkled across the sky. 

00:00am

A rocket shot up to the sky and exploded, displaying a gold burst. Xuli gasped with happiness and whipped out her camera. Kyan chuckled and watched as more fireworks filled the sky. Xuli sat down and gazed in admiration.

Kyan felt a kiss being planted on his cheek. His body filled with comforting warmth. A smile spread across his face as he turned to the pilot.

"Happy New Year, Kyan"

"Happy New Year"

Both leaned in and kissed as the fireworks illuminated the sky. A magical moment and definitely, they both thought without a doubt, the best New Year ever.

(A/N: Not my best but just something to say Happy New Year! 2020, here we come!)