23

"rise and shine Zach!" i say turning on the light

he groans and sits up

"too early"

"i made you breakfast" i say and he's suddenly awake

"no way"

"yup here" i hand it to him and sit down

"why'd you do that?"

"i just wanted to say thank you cause you let me stay over last night and you're really nice to me so yeah eat the food"

"i will this is amazing no you're amazing"

"thanks"

"do you want some?" he asks me

"no i'm good it's for you"

"are you sure"

"yeah"

"okay. but seriously this tastes so good. how'd you learn how to cook"

"i used to have to cook for Chris"

"oh well let's not think about him. let's think about happy thoughts like how this tastes amazing."

"you keep saying that"

"cause it is. anyways what do you want to do today"

"well i need to get a new phone. i left it at the house before well you know what happened."

"right so do you want me to go with you"

"yeah... wait nevermind"

"nevermind what?"

"i can't get a new phone i don't have any money. oh well can i borrow yours to text people not to text me"

"i can buy one for you"

"what no you can't"

"why not?"

"you're not buying me a phone Zach. that's like hundreds of dollars"

"not really."

"yes really. you're already letting me stay over your house for a few nights you don't need to buy me big things too"

"Sierra you need a new phone and there's no way you're going to be able to go to his house and get it. so i am going to buy you one and you're going to deal with it okay"

"but Zach i don't want to spend your money. you work hard to get that and i don't want to take that away from you"

"well it's my money and i want to buy you a phone so i am getting you one"

"okay fine but the cheapest one possible"