Chapter 1: The Memory

#Kittievampire is in.

Kuroni's POV

The light.

The last thing I remember...

Was light.

It was so bright and blinding, I could barely see the outline of her figure.

Her raven black hair flying back at the intensity of the clash, her white dress flowing in the light.

Then... Black...

I was there...

Back in the garden. The familiar breeze and aroma of the flowers triggered my senses. My black eyes dart around in slight surprise. "Hello??" I call out. I can hear my voice echoing throughout the field of green.

I can feel eyes on me.

Somewhere, someone was watching me.

I turn around slowly.

My mother.

She was standing there. She was smiling, her black eyes looking down at me. "Kuroni... My child..." She said quietly. I push my hands against the floor and slowly stand up. "Mom? What happened?"

She looks away for a moment, a look of concern in her eyes for a mere moment. "I love you... Don't worry... You'll be out of here in no time..."

Wait what? What was she talking about? "Out of what? What's going on?" I ask, nervously.

My mother placed her hands on my shoulders. "Whatever you do.." Her voice became low as if she were giving me a warning.

"Don't... Show them-"

Black...

I let out a sharp gasp as my eyes shot open. I was in a small white room with people surrounding me. "Don't worry, miss, you're going to be okay." One of them said. Was I... In an ambulance?

Another one came in. "Sir, I got the results from the wounds on her back. No bullets, knives, or any weapons used..."

Her face paled slightly.

"It was as if something was coming out."

Black.

I slowly open my eyes. I'm in another white room, though, nothing was moving. I heard a continuous beeping noise. There was something over my mouth and nose, one of those things that help you breathe that I can't bother to remember the name of.

I looked down. I was in a bed, bandages wrapped around my chest and my stomach. Was I wounded?

There was a faint muffled voice outside the door. No, there were two. Two of them.

Soon, I heard the door open. "Hello there... Ms. Tsukki is it?" A man in white asked. I shudder at the name. "Ku..... Kuro... Ni..." I correct. What's wrong with my voice? Why can I barely speak? "Kuroni?" He repeated. 

"Well then, Kuroni, there is no need to worry, for we're going to take great care of you." He said, glancing at the clipboard. "So... You're fourteen... Have you taken any drugs?" He asked.

"No," I respond. "Okay... Good... Any alcohol?" He asked. "No..." I respond. "Okay..." He put down the clipboard and looked at me.

"Now then," He sat me up on the bed.

"Tell me... What happened to you?"