The beginning of something new

It has officially been 3 years since the 4 mermaids have graduated highschool. Lewis and Cleo had gotten married, Cleo still worked at the marine park, and Lewis had moved back, as a successful scientist. He studied marine life, and of course, never revealed any of his mermaid research. They lived on a cute house by the beach, and thankfully, the beach came with the house, therefore, it was private, and safe to transform on.

Rikki and Zane had gotten married, Rikki's was becoming very successful, and they now have a 2 year old daughter. They had celebrated graduation a bit too much, and Rikki had found out that she had been pregnant. They were shocked at first, but decided to keep the baby, despite how Rikki felt about kids. The day their sweet Penelope was born, and Rikki held her for the first time, her opinion about children had changed completely. It was love at first sight. Rikki and Zane got married after she had found out that she was pregnant, and after the morning sickness had ended, but before she had started showing a lot. Penelope wasn't the reason they had gotten married, but Rikki becoming pregnant had made both of them realize how much they truly loved each other, and wanted to spend the rest of their lives together.

Ash had proposed to Emma on graduation, and they had gotten married shortly after Rikki and Zane. They had bought their own farm, and had created a successful business, teaching people of all ages how to ride any style. One reason they had wanted  a farm, is because they both knew they wanted children in the future, and a farm would have plenty of room for kids to grow up on.

Bella and Will got married after Lewis and Cleo, and were the last to get married. They had decided to live on an island they had discovered near Mako, because they loved the sea so much, and Will had started a business teaching people how to dive safely.

A/n: This chapter was pretty much the background, so you don't get confused when everyone's everywhere. I hope this gets you excited for the fanfic! The picture for this chapter is of all their houses. Comment below if you want me to do one of those introducing the characters things, or just start chapter one.