Madoka felt cold. She felt sad. She was wondering, Homura... What happened to you? Madoka fluttered her eyes open and saw Homura, who looked like she had no life at all anymore.

"H-Homura?" Madoka slowly moved over to Homura and lightly squeezed her shoulder. "Madoka! You're awake!" Sayaka beamed, "Madoka?" She turned around and saw Madoka, trying to awaken Homura.

"Homura... Wake up..." Madoka said in a hushed voice and she gently shook her friend. Homura didn't wake up. "Homura, please... Wake up..." Madoka's eyes filled with tears when Homura didn't wake up.

"Homura... Please wake up... Please tell me that you're alright... I just don't want everything to end like this..." Madoka explained, trying not to cry. Homura's eyes opened slightly. "I went out of my way to change everything... just for you... Even the shape of reality... Just to keep you safe... And I finally saved you, Madoka..." Homura cried tears of joy as she smiled at Madoka for one last time.

~~

"Homura! Wake up! Please!" Madoka cried. Madoka's tears fell and, as she looked down to see Homura's face, she cried even more. The question Homura asked her, back in her first day at Mitakihari City High School...

"Madoka Kaname... Do you treasure this world? Do you consider order and stability more important than desire?"

That day... she'd said no to giving into desires. What if she had been able to change her answer...

What if she said... yes...?

"You asked me... If I treasured this world... I do... But..." Madoka stroked Homura's cheek. "If I could save you... I would. Even if it meant leaving the world to become distorted. Wait... I shouldn't. I can't. Even so... You're my friend... But..."

Did she change the world just for her?

"Homura..."

Did she try for what seemed like an eternity to save Madoka?

"I have to..."

Was it all worth it in the end?

"I need to... I need to save you..." Madoka stood up. But how?

~~

"Madoka... Madoka. Madoka!"

Madoka shook her head as she heard Sayaka calling her. "H-Huh? What's going on?"