The Rush

ANASTASIA'S POV

I woke up to sunlight shining its way through a gap in my curtains. Groaning, I rubbed the sleep out of eyes as I took in my surroundings. Axel lay fast asleep on my chest.

I've always wanted a little brother.

I smiled at the thought and carefully reached for my phone on the nightstand as to not wake up the sleeping boy. I checked my email to see if the royal correspondent... well corresponded. I clicked on the new email and read it, panicking as I go.

"Dear Alpha Anastasia of the Crimson Shadow Pack,

I spoke to the Alpha King about this urgent matter and he saw it fit to send someone to investigate. The Alpha Prince, his beta, and 20 guards will be arriving by 3:00 pm sharp today via automotive vehicle. "

"SHIT!"

"What does shit mean?" Axel asked

"How long have you been awake"

"I dunno. I didn't want to wake you up," he shrugged. 

He didn't want to wake me up?

"You're actually the cutest," I cooed. He gave me a bashful look and flashed a smile. His front tooth was missing, making me obsess over him a bit more.

"So, what does shit mean?" he asked again.

"It means today is going to be crazy"

"Well, shit!" he screamed.

"Ah! No! You can't say that word until you're 18!" I scolded, covering his mouth with my hand. Now I knew why my parents didn't want me around kids. 

I heard a knock on the door. 

"Come in!"

"I thought I heard cursing!" Finn laughed.

"Finn! Perfect timing!"

"As always," he rolled his eyes.

"You know how I spoke to the royal correspondent? Yea, he got back to me this morning and he said that the king is sending someone today," I blurted in a rushed panic.

"And?" Finn gazed at me worriedly.

"He's sending his son. The Alpha Prince."

"Shit!" Finn exclaimed.

"Shit!" screamed Axel gleefully.

"No!" I screamed back giving him a tickle attack.

"If we ever get married, I don't think we should ever have kids," Finn muttered rubbing his forehead.

"Let's make a pact," I held out my pinky in Finn's direction while I glared at Axel.

"Deal," Finn said taking my pinky in his, "Also, you know its 12, right?"

My head snapped in his direction. I held the string of curses that almost slipped through my mouth. Alpha mode was officially on. "Call a pack meeting within the half-hour. Meet in the dining hall. Also, get me a pup nanny to watch over Axel while I prepare for the prince's arrival."

"Yes, beautiful," Finn winked. He leaned in to whisper in my ear, "I sent out scouts to the River Ash Pack this morning while you slept."

I looked at Axel's distracted worry-free face then smiled at Finn. 

"Thank you."

"Of course," he replied and left to get everything ready.

~~~