Should I stay or run...

Just as the music started to play McKayla figured it was either now or never. She excused herself from her father and walked to another hall. When she was out of sight she ran as fast as she could to the back garden.  Due to it being only mid-December McKayla felt the cold brush across her face as she ran to her hide away. As she reached her swing McKayla wished she could be somewhere else.

**Flashback**

"Thank you. My name is McKayla and whom may you be?" She politely asked the beautiful stranger. 

"Well I already know who you are. But my name is...." he was suddenly cut off when her mother yelled "MCKAYLA! Get insde now it is to cold for you to be out there. You will get sick before your ball tonight."

  After rolling her eyes McKayla walked back into the castle and was directed to go straight to her room to get ready for the ball. After reaching her room she remembered two things 1.) She still had the strangers jacket on and 2.) She still didn't know his name. After running through the halls McKayla opened the door to find the living room to be empty. After searching everywhere McKayla just retreated back to her room wondering 'who is he?' and 'will he be at the ball?'

The sound of her door being closed brought McKayla out of her thoughts.

      "Okay darling its time to get you cleaned up and ready for tonight." Cheered Holly with 4 other women who would help her get McKayla ready.  Each woman started preparing there necessary tools and make-up for McKayla.

  Holly rushed McKayla into the bathtub and made sure she was shinning ny the time she was done. Next came Patty and Kim they were in charge of McKayla's hair and make-up. While they did that the final woman Gina did her nails. By the time the women were done McKayla looked like a runway model. Her honey brown hair was curled away from her face while her make-up was neutral with a dramatic smokey eye. Her nails where done regular french with a red design. By the time the women were done with the final touches the ball was just starting. Still unaware of what her dress looked like Mckayla started to get nervous. As Holly carried in a large garment back McKayla started to jump with joy. The bag slowly slipped open and a beautiful red ball gown was revealed. Holly help McKayla get the dress on while the other women put on her beautiful white heels with different red designs like her nails. When McKayla looked in the mirror she didn't even recognize herself. Holly came up behind her with a small box. When Holly opened the box a beautiful white mask with the same design as her heels was inside. As McKayla put on the mask a lone tear left Holly as she commented how grown and beautiful McKayla has come to be.

As McKayla peared down from the top of the steps she couldn't help but admire all of the men and women who came to her masquerade ball. As McKayla assened the grand staircase everybody turned and gasped whispers were heard all throughout the room questioning who the beautiful woman in red was. As she reached the bottom stair a pair of familiar blue eyes greeted he. "You look absolutely beautiful bumbblebee." complemented her father. As she went to whisper a thank you her mother ran up to introduce her to all the men she found suitable for her but her father told his wife she would have to wait. As McKayla made her way to the dance floor to dance with her father she bumped into something hard. Just as she was preparing to hit the ground McKayla felt someone grab her by her waist. When she opened her blue eyes she came face to face with a very familiar pair of green eyes and muscular chest. As the stranger helped her up McKayla tried to figure out why this starngers eyes looked so familiar. Just as she was able to remember her father pulled her to the dance floor and started to waltz around with everybody else. After her father-daughter dance McKayla went to search for the man from before. As she looked for him she was forced to dance with many of the men at the ball. Unable to find him McKayla started to feel hot and stuffy again so she made her way to her secret hideout. Once on her swing she started thinking 'will i ever find the man from this morning' just as a gust of wind flew through the garden McKayla shivered and just like this morning there was a coat draped around her. As McKayla turned around...

**Endflash back**

McKayla was brought back to reality from the loud yelling of her name. She didn't want to go back inside and marry a man she didn't love. "What am I to do?" she asked herself. Then, from somewhere behind her she heard footsteps and then someone say " Just tell them you love me snow flake and we can be together."