Cast and Characters

Camila Cabello as Tori Vega, younger sister of Demi Cabello and attends Hollywood Arts, a performing arts high school, along with her sister.

Shawn Mendes as Andrè Harris, Camila's best friend. Shawn is an aspiring musician who loves to perform and write his own songs. He can play many instruments, including the guitar, keyboard, piano, and the French horn, but prefers the keyboard and piano. Shawn takes his music seriously and is usually seen playing at all of Camila's performances. He is a talented singer and songwriter, having co-written nearly every song Camila has sung. He also often gets Camila to sing back-up for him at his own performances.

Harry Styles as Robbie Shapiro, one of Camila's friends at Hollywood Arts. He speaks along with a puppet, Rex Powers, whom he and all others speak to as if it were an actual person. Harry is a skilled ventriloquist, but he was un-credited for his talent until the episode "Freak the Freak Out". In the episode, Harry does not understand why he was referred to as a "ventriloquist", which either jokingly indicates that Rex has a mind of his own and is not controlled by Harry at all or (in a more serious matter) that Harry suffers a schizophrenic disorder, therefore considering Rex a real person. He is said to have had Rex since he was little and the two are almost always seen together. Harry personifies Rex, which leads to many an argument about Rex's true sentience. He constantly argues that Rex is not a puppet or dummy when told otherwise. Harry is closest to Rex and affectionate towards him, though Rex ridicules him often.

Sierra Deaton as Jade West, a frenemy of Camila from Hollywood Arts. She has a gothic sense of style—always wearing dark clothes with eyebrow piercings and different colors of streaks in her hair—and is the long-time girlfriend of Luke Hemmings. She is very possessive of her boyfriend and is known to lash out at anyone who she views as a threat to their relationship. She shows very little affection for anyone.

Ariana Grande as Cat Valentine, one of Camila's strangest friends from Hollywood Arts. She is fun, energetic, and at times oblivious. As seen in some episodes, she is revealed to be somewhat smart, just a little air headed. In a video on TheSlap she reveals that her full first name is Ariana but only her grandmother calls her by her full name. It was also revealed by Harry in "The Blonde Squad" when he yelled "Ariana Joan Grande, I will not sit here anymore and listen to you talk bad about yourself!" She is relatively friendly and liked by all of the students. She is sweet, naive, bubbly and happy, often unsuspecting of what is really going on around her. She has a playful nature, and has a very short attention span, so she can easily be distracted with colorful items by the others when they want her out of the way. She can be somewhat of a drama queen, and does not take criticism very well. She often screams "What's that supposed to mean!?" when offended, which is very often and has become her catchphrase. Ariana often says random and strange things which leaves the others, especially Sierra, confused or annoyed.

Luke Hemmings as Beck Oliver, is Sierra's boyfriend. He has been together with Jade for over two years and, unlike everyone else, is completely unafraid of her (even laughing when Shawn admitted to being scared of her) and often likes to tease and make her jealous because of her reactions, which he finds amusing. Luke seems to be the only one who can calm Sierra down when she becomes angry and has some control over her as seen throughout the series.

Demi Lovato as Trina Vega, is Camila's older sister, who also attends Hollywood Arts. Demi's allergic reaction to a Chinese herb gargle in the pilot episode forces Camila to fill in for her in the school's big showcase, which leads to Camila being offered admission to Hollywood Arts.

Ashton Irwin as Erwin Sikowitz, is the hippie-like acting teacher at Hollywood Arts. His habits might be interpreted as weird and his methods are shown to be often very strange (such as throwing a ball at Ariana while she was performing), but at times very effective. He often walks around barefoot, which is the supposed trait of the hippies. He likes to enter the class through a window and is almost always seen drinking from a coconut because, as Jade says, "the milk gives him visions". Camila gave him two dollars on her first day at Hollywood Arts, thinking he was homeless. He also gave Ariana, Sierra, Luke, Shawn, and Harry permission to start a fake ping-pong team to make money and have a fancy dinner. He claims to be 34 years old in "The Diddly-Bops".

Simon Cowell as Lane Alexander, is the guidance counselor for Hollywood Arts. Simon is a good guidance counselor, and often helps students with their problems and resolves their arguments, but sometimes can be reluctant at times, asking students "Why Me?". He is usually the one making the big announcements at school. He appears to either hate dry skin or is obsessed with lotion (as seen in "The Wood"), as he can be seen frequently applying lotion to his hands. He has a nephew named Devon, as seen in "The Diddly-Bops". Simon is the one who made a reality television series, The Wood, leave the school because it was becoming an issue with the students and disrupting the learning environment.

Calum Hood as Sinjin Van Cleef, is a strange, interesting and questionable student at Hollywood Arts. He is nerdy, disturbing, and very weird, often considered stranger than even Harry or Ariana; his locker has his chewed up food on it and he also likes to collect the teeth of past presidents' relatives. He is usually used as a fake date or bribed to fake date someone, including Ariana. He usually interrupts conversations with weird comments that do not make sense. He is a fan of disco music and has a huge crush on Camila and Sierra, despite the fact that both show more irritation than interest in his presence. Calum is skilled in the background work on the school's productions and performances. He is shown to be proficient with audio, lighting, and making props, and is the apparent leader of the technical team. He appears in almost every episode of the series, except for "Stage Fighting"," "Ariana's New Boyfriend," "Sleepover at Irwin's," "Locked Up!", "Camila Tortures Teacher, "Sierra Gets Crushed", "Terror on Cupcake Street", "The Breakfast Bunch", "Shawn's Horrible Girl", "Car, Rain and Fire" and "Driving Camila Crazy". It is revealed in "A Christmas Camila" that he has a sister named Courtney (played by Dominique Grund) who also attends Hollywood Arts.

Sinu Cabello as Holly Vega, Camila and Demi's mother.
Alejandro Cabello as David Vega, Camila and Demi's father.