The City Rains

It is approximately five in the afternoon. I leave for work. I shut the door to my house. The cat goes meow. You get point, it's the typical thing where you see a woman go to work while wondering what she's doing with her life.

I live in this place called Los Floranta, passing by all these wet roads, ugly houses, old bridges, burnt buildings etcetera... did I mention I hate it? Well I do.

I parked my ugly 20XX model Tohonya McClarken into the muddy parking lot outside my horrible company called The Reign Imperial Conglomeration. In short, TRIC group. As the name suggests, it's full of "tricks" alright, and I'm not talking about the kind for kids...

At my desk, I have these seven contracts, twelve important random documents, forty application files, and seventy referral forms to handle...these numbers, someone call Jesus...

I gazed out the window while sipping my daily white chai mocha, when a man I saw through my own reflection appeared behind me! What the hell?! I turned around, and he was grinning as he prepared to ask me something all of a sudden.

"Excuse me, I am your new boss. I need to have you in my office, but you didn't respond."

Hell, I didn't want to go in his office, but I didn't wanna get fired!

"My apologies sir, I'll be with you shortly."

The man nodded and left, but he sure was an odd looking man. He had fully wooly grey hair, yet was obviously around my age. His large eyes were dark brown, yet a of slightly piercing hue. However, I still think he needed a breath mint for that espresso funk.

I met with him, finished discussing the usual mundane things, but somehow I found myself sinking...it felt as if a black hole were pulling my consciousness into another plane... whatever I was thinking didn't even matter anymore at some point...