Ch. 1 End of the Beginning

It was the same like always. Same road, buildings, trees, and people.

It wasn't an exasperation to say I was having a bad case of wanderlust.

I looked up at the sky and noticed it was about to rain. I looked down at my blue bike cruising down the road.

I felt a drop of rain on my forehead. "I guess I better hurry." I couldn't help but mummer to myself.

'Not like it would matter I'm already late.' I scoffed at my though. It wouldn't be such a big deal but I have to deal with the demon of teachers himself today.

I was probably a few minutes away from school so I won't be too late. I still peddled faster though.

I didn't want to go to school. I felt the small drops of cool rain on my skin while the wind started to pick up. I was in my level of comfort. No people around for anything, just me, my bike, and the rain.

It felt barely a minute when I got to school. I sighed in disappointment.

I walked up to the door and the janitor was standing next to the door swinging his keys while whistling.

I gave a mischievous grin at him. You could practically see the horns on my head. "I'm only a few minutes late this time."

He gave me a fond smile and rolled his eyes. "Get in brat." I laughed as I walked in and gave a small thanks as I walked away.

As I walked to my first class I was thinking of another excuse. The trick is to say such an unbelievable lie that they just know it's a lie so there first thought is you goofed off, or slept in.

'Hmmm, I'll go with there was an exploding fire hydrant and I needed to save ten orphans, wait no... maybe I was kidnapped but was able to escape by sheer will of wanting to come to school. Choices choices.'

When I paid attention again I was two doors down my normal classroom. 'Oops.' I berated myself in my head and walked to the classroom door.

Before I could knock the door was opened.

'Oh the demon appears.' Mr.K opened the door with a deadpan look. He sighed. "Okay what is it this time Simon." He said while rubbing his temple.

I walked into the class will starting my story. "You see these buff dudes kidnapped me this morning but I of course knocked them out by sheer will for wanting to get to school to do this very important quiz we have today." I finished as I got to my dear and gave a mischievous smile with a wink.

A lot of my classmates started to laugh.

"Man I'm glad Simon is late so we get to hear these stories."

"Same man, I'm disappointed if he's not late sometimes haha."

Those were just some of the remarks.

Mr. K just liked a little amused. "Simon talk to my after class." I looked and even say his lips and right eyebrow twitch.

I looked at him and winked. "Sir yes sir!" I said while saluting trying to look serious.

A few classmates started to laugh again. Mr. K shook his head and sighed while getting back to the lesson.

When everything called down I started internally panicking. 'He's getting to suspicious. At least for the next few weeks I need to try to get to school on time. Maybe I'll grab a few snacks to eat in class to stop getting questions about not eating.'

My stomach rumbled but I didn't notice.

The end of class came sooner than expected. The bell ringed and I waited till everyone was out of the classroom.