Protect Her, Cherish Her And, Spoil Her For Me

Warning:There might be grammatical errors in the story.

We're about to graduate, everyone is saying their thanks.

Others asking for their classmates number, or maybe a signature on their year book.

Some are preparing love letters of confession, I'm one of them. Yet I know how this confession would end. I'm prepared to be rejected and at the same time, I have this hope that maybe she'll reconsider. Yes, it's stupid of me to fall for a straight girl, but I just can't help it.

She's been there for me for the longest time.

She was there when I confessed to someone who wasn't able to see my offers. She stayed with me and I wish I left.

"Hey, a penny for your thoughts?" She says, "You've been staring at empty space for five minutes and I'm not even exaggerating," She adds.

"I'm just thinking of who we would be with when we are all grown up," I lied to her, well not really, I do want to be with her and I did thought about it.

Her bubbly personality along with her humor and maybe her vibrant clothing style made me fall for her. I was told that I was demisexual, which means I fall for anyone who has form a strong emotional bond with me.

When I was told that by a friend of mine, I didn't really thought about it until I heard the thumping sound of my heart. Thanks to those sounds I don't think I'll be friends with her anymore.

"Hey, you're doing it again... Stop ignoring me," She says, clinging onto me, her chest caressing me.

"Was I?"

"Yeah, you were.." She sulks as she sits on my lap and says, "Jay accepted my confession, we are officially going out, isn't that exciting?"

"Yeah," It hurts to hear that from her, yet I'm so happy to hear she's happy. I hope she'll be treated well. Cause I'm someone who probably can't meet her standards and never will. A tall, sweet guy like Jay, she really deserves him.

"By any chance are you going to confess to someone?" Her question caught me off guard.

"Not yet, not until school is over."

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

A few hours back I saw her confession with Jay and I managed to call his attention afterwards.

"Daphne  I just accepted Lauren's confession, she was so happy that she was crying," he, too, had a happy expression on.

"Do me a favor and protect her, cherish her, and spoil her for me," I wasn't able to see his face but I have a hunch that he knew what I felt for her.

"I'll do that even if it wasn't for you."

"Thanks," I said to him. Just as I was about to leave he asked, "So are you going to tell her?"

"Yes, and don't worry she will reject me."

After we spoke, I went over to her locker and inserted a note. What was written on the note was:

Meet me on the back of the school at exactly dismissal time.
-D

All I have to do now is wait for her to see this note...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

"I almost forgot," she says, "There's someone I need to meet at the back of the school. It's a bit cliché that I'll be confessed there," She was still sitting on my lap when she said that.

"Actually we can do it here," I say to her, I gently put her down and tell her to sit down on the chair across my desk. I didn't look at her.

"For a second there, I thought you were about to carry me like old times."

"So... what do you want to talk about?"

"I like you," I finally said it. My heart is thumping faster than before. I look at her in the eyes and I knew immediately, "I'm sorry. I can't date you."

The situation I saw in my head was playing but this time it's real. She looks uncomfortable and sad, those are the words that I can only think of for now.
My heart hurts more than I expected, more than I imagined. I wonder if it was better to keep silent.

"So I was right," I took my phone out and deleted her number and every contact with her.

"Do you remember the time you let me read a manga?" I ask with a desperate voice.
"It was really cute yet saddening," I add.

She has a shock expression on, "Are you going that far? Are you seriously copying a manga" She slowly approaches me and I step away from her.

"I'm glad you didn't rejected me horribly. I really love your kindness," I run over to her and squeeze her tighly in my arms. She hugs me back.
"Thank you for being my best friend," I say.

Then we waved goodbye. I hope Jay did what I asked him to do. To protect her, cherish her, and spoil her for me.