Chapter Twelve

Hadley was quietly humming to herself as she strutted down the corridor, her heels tapping off the old wooden floorboards

Hadley was quietly humming to herself as she strutted down the corridor, her heels tapping off the old wooden floorboards. She had never really explored the back of the chip shop where all of the rooms were, she had only ever seen her own and Harry's. And, well, Gil's room once, but she preferred to forget that night ever happened.

Hadley was just walking, minding her own business until her attention was attracted by some questionable bangs. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and followed the bangs. They began to get a lot louder with each step she took. Eventually, the grey-haired woman found where the noise was coming from. A room with an open door. Hadley peeked around the corner of the doorframe to see a white-haired woman facing away from Hadley. She was throwing knives at the wall, or at something that was on the wall. Hadley furrowed her eyebrows and peered in closer, trying to see what it was. A picture of her own face. Some girl was throwing knives at a picture of Hadley's face. She had to stop herself from laughing about it, it was very laughable.

"You know, the phrase 'off with their heads' is trademarked as the Queen of Hearts' thing, and you lack the red hair to be her daughter, sooooo..." Hadley spoke up, stepping into the room with her arms crossed over her chest. "But, it's nice to know I'm appreciated as Captain around here." She shrugged slightly. The girl froze and slowly turned around on her heel, immediately meeting Hadley's gaze with a glare.

"Unless you want me to throw a knife at your actual head, then I suggest you leave." The girl said harshly, turning away from Hadley.

"You know, you can try to be threatening all you want but... you don't intimidate or scare me." Hadley stepped further into the room.

"Leave." The girl said simply, gritting her teeth.

"I'm afraid I'm not the one to follow orders." Hadley tilted her head. "Who are you?" She asked. She didn't recognise the girl but surely she should if she was a part of the pirate crew. Hadley's pirate crew. However, that question only seemed to agitate the girl even more. She tossed the knife she was holding at the wall, landing straight in picture Hadley's eye.

"Nobody knows. Nobody fucking cares." The girl grumbled, forcefully pulling a knife out of the wall.

"It was a fucking question." Hadley furrowed her eyebrows.

"A question that I don't want to answer." The girl muttered, stabbing the knife into the wall again. "Can you just fucking leave already?" She asked in an aggressive and annoyed tone.

"I'll leave after you've answered my question." Hadley compromised with a shrug. The girl turned to Hadley and let out an irritated sigh.

"Maegan. Daughter of Morgana. Bye." She said bluntly before turning around again. Hadley rose an eyebrow and tilted her head.

"Uma's cousin?" She questioned.

"No, King Ben's." Maegan rolled her eyes and Hadley sighed. However, it then clicked in her mind. She began to smirk slightly.