Chapter 11

Alyssa's POV

   Jimin and I are going to Jimin's parents' mansion.  They're hella wealthy.  They pay our bills and our mortgage.

They like for Jimin to come over at least once a month so they can see their party boy son.  They like me a lot, too, so they always invite me as well. 

Even though I always want to say, "Hell no," I figured it would be rude to decline, so I go anyway.

Jimin's parents are always dressed so formally.  His dad always wears rich guy suits, and his mom is always wearing privileged people dresses.

So with that being said, Jimin and I always have to dress up when we're over there. 

I throw on my outfit and shoes.

"You ready to go?"  Jimin asks me, a sorta mesmerized look on his face

"You ready to go?"  Jimin asks me, a sorta mesmerized look on his face.  I roll my eyes.  "Let's just get this stupid thing over with."

I can't lie, Jimin looks good in his light blue dress shirt that he has tucked in, accompanied by a black tie, black dress pants, and black dress shoes.

We get in his car, and he starts the drive over to his parents' mansion.

.....

I wouldn't say the drive over is super long, but it's quite a drive.  It's enough for conversation...or awkward silence, and I hate going anywhere with Jimin.

"Jimin, why do your parents insist on me coming with you to their mansion?"  I say, breaking the awkward, tension-filled silence.

I honestly don't understand.

He shrugs.  "I don't know.  They really like you, though.  For what reason, I don't know."  He says the last part of his last sentence in a shade-filled tone.

I roll my eyes.  "And why do we have to dress up all the time?  Yeah, you clean up nicely, but I don't want to be seen alongside you, doing the same thing."