Chapter 4

After we had dinner at some fancy restaurant, we went to a club in London. The boys got wasted not long after, leaving only me and Liam as the sober ones. Demi had also come with us, so that I was not the only girl with them.  I got too preoccupied with the music and all the drunk people around me, so I roamed around to find some place to breathe. Good thing, the building had a rooftop. I went up and took in some London air. Looking at the view before me had relaxed me and made me forget about everything that bothered me. The night lights were shining like diamonds and the blanket of stars above me was just simply breath-taking. It was like I was in some other place. Looking at the stars made me miss my home country. Back there, you could clearly see the dark sky and the twinkling stars. I wish I was back there. 

"You alright?" the Irish man said. 

"How did you find me here Niall?"  I wanted to be alone, to be by myself, to distance myself from him.

"I kinda saw you making your way here earlier." he revealed his perfect smile. His crooked teeth were gone now, and so were his braces. His smile was now perfect than ever.

"Oh. I'm fine, just needed some air, that's all." 

He stood by my side and let out a sigh. I looked into his bright blue eyes, they were glistening more than the stars. I realized I could never move on. Had I made the wrong decision of coming back here? Should I just go home? Or maybe my mistake was the decision I made 5 years ago.

*Flashback*

"Niall, I need to tell you something." my hands were shaking and sweating. 

"What is it Princess?" a look of worry showed in his eyes.

"Remember when I told you that my mom was getting married?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"Well, her soon to be husband is also a Filipino. But he is based in the Philippines. Apparently, he owns a company there and can't leave his business. So, the wedding will be at the Philippines, not here."

"So, you need a place to stay while you're Mom's gone?" Niall asked.

"No Niall. It means we have to go back to the Philippines for the wedding."

"Why? You're not the one who was getting married."

"You don't get it do you? For us Filipinos, family is important. I have to be there by my mom's side as she walks down the aisle to begin a new chapter in  her life."

"Okay, I get it Princess. Just don't shout at me, Okay?" 

"I wasn't shouting, I was just raising my voice for emphasis."

"So, you're also leaving for the wedding? But you'll be back soon after, right?"

"Actually, that's the reason I wanted to talk to you." Niall's face looked confused and nervous of what I was about to say.

"My Mom had planned that after the wedding, we are no longer returning here. We're staying back in  the Philippines for good."

"What? But do you also want that?"

"Niall, she's my Mom. I will do anything to make her happy. If staying in the Philippines will make her happy, then I will be by her side. My mom wants me to finish my education there, because the schools there are also well-known and by staying there for good means I can now spend time with my cousins and family."

"What about me? You're just leaving me? What about my happiness? And are you sure that you're gonna be happy someday?"

"Niall! Are you making me choose between you or my family? Don't you ever do that because you know for sure what my choice is. It will always be my family. I will still choose them even if that means losing the person I love." Tears were already flowing down my cheeks.

"No, princess, no. Shh, don't cry. I'm not making you choose, I'm sorry. I know how much you value your family. And maybe if I was in your place, I'd go with my Mom too. So, I'm letting you go okay? just promise me one thing, you would never forget about me, about us. Don't you ever forget about our crazy adventures, all the moments we shared together. And most importantly, don't you ever ever forget our love, and promise me that you will be back." he held on my hands as if it was the last time he would be able to do that. I looked into his blue orbs and I cried, harder than I ever had. 

"I promise Niall. I will never forget us. I will always love you, even if we're miles away from each other. Promise me that I will always be your princess."

"I promise." 

We both hugged each other for the last time. I held onto him as if my life depended on it. Heck it did! How am I supposed to go on each day, knowing that I am away from him? He was my source of life and happiness. I breathed in his perfume for the last time. When we broke apart, we stared at each other's eyes for a while.

"So I guess this is goodbye?"

"No Niall, we will never say our goodbyes. Because 'Goodbye' means leaving, and leaving means forgetting. We promised never to forget each other. And I will be back. I will come back for you."

"You know what they say? If you truly love a person, let her go. If she comes back, she is yours. If she doesn't, she never was. I love you, that's why I'm letting you go. And I know that you'll come back." He kissed my forehead and hugged me tight.

"I will. And I love you too. Always have, always will."

*End of chapter*

A/N

There it is! Chapter 4! sorry for the long wait. I was really busy in school with all the activities and research papers I had to finish. But anyways, I finally had time to finish the chapter and post it! haha :D Thank you for reading this and I will try my best to continue with the story.. So,

READ, COMMENT, VOTE, FAN!!!!! :D