23. "We Really Need You Now"

"A w-war?"

It came out wobbly. Louis hated how scared he sounded.

"Yes, Louis. A war," Simon folded his hands in front of him. "We've known that this was coming for a long time, but we choose not to tell you until you boys were ready. Still, time is ticking. We thought that it would still take years until they'd actually start their plans, but they're moving really fast now and our spies our getting in danger. We need to get serious now. "

"Who's they?" was Harry's question.

"The Fire Nation," Zayn answered before Simon could.

The leader nodded. "When Zayn came here, he told us about the events they were planning. They want to take over the world nation by nation. At that time our spies were only just infiltrating. Currently we got one of our best spies close to one of the generals."

"Paul," the firebender filled in for him.

"I-is Paul in danger?" the small blond in the corner spoke up.

Simon let out a sigh. "We are afraid so. He sent us a message. They've been keeping some information from him and he has been withdrawn from some of the meetings."

Zayn slammed his fist on the table. "Well, then get him out of there!"

The man shook his head. "We can't do it just yet. Paul was our biggest source of information. We only need a little bit more information to prevent the worst things."

"Well, then tell us the things you know already!" Liam demanded.

"No, I'm not going to do that. I don't want you boys to let you lead by emotions. We need to be sure of we information we have now and fill in the blanks. We'll set up a plan once we can do that and then I'll inform you."

"But that's not fair! We're supposed to be part of that plan," Louis started contradicting now as well. He looked at his friend for support.

Harry was about to open his mouth, but Simon stopped him.

"Listen boys. Right now, only the Peace Protectors know that we have the four Element People in one place and no one knows that we have a fifth person. We're planning on keeping it that way. We want you to train without distractions." He turned to Liam. "Liam, you have the most important job. Besides your own training, I want you to start training Niall."

"But I don't want to train," Niall interrupted him.

Everyone looked at him now.

The other waterbender narrowed his eyes at him. "You realize we're talking about a war here?"

Harry jabbed him in the ribs. "What Liam is trying to say, is that we really need you now Niall. We know you've been through a lot, but you're in good hands now. We can help you and together we can help everyone else."

The blond looked at his hands. "I can't face them. I'm to no use, I wouldn't be able to save anyone. I won't ever be strong enough," he said with a small voice.

Harry was about to gently contradict him again, but Simon took his turn now.

"Listen Niall, I know how hard this is for you. You've been on your own for too long. You're one of us now. There is no time to be selfish at this point. People's life's are in danger. This is not only about you anymore. This is bigger than us. You have a responsibility here. And believe me, you are capable of more then you think. "

Niall didn't know how to react back to this. He wanted to contradict the man. They didn't understand. He was not a fighter. He was so used to hiding, there was no way that he could change that out of the blue. Though when he looked up and saw their hopefull eyes, he couldn't do it.