5.5

E

My eyes fluttered open and the light of the room blinded me. I slowly looked over to the left of me and glanced at the IV drip in my arm. I looked to the right side of me and my eyes were filled with beauty- the love of my life sitting in front of me flipping through a magazine sitting on a chair.

She hadn't noticed I was awake and I didn't want her to.

I wanted to go back to sleep, I wanted to sleep away all of my problems.

I wanted Shelby back, the old Shelby. The one who would never cheat on me or hurt me.

Now I knew how she felt.

I looked down at the table beside me and saw a water bottle.

I was so thirsty- a side effect from an overdose.

I reached my hand over to the bottle and heard the magazine that Shelby held fall on the ground and she immediately got up and handed me the water bottle in the matter of a few seconds.

"You're awake!" She said joyfully and I nodded.

"How long was I out for?" I asked and she looked down at the IV in my arm and then back up at me.

"A few days"

The room was tense, I hated what I did and she did too, I could feel it.

But I didn't care.

I wanted her out of the room

"I appreciate your worries, but I would really like it if you left" I spoke slowly and her face dropped.

"Ethan, I want to move past this. It was just once. It was the closest thing I had to you" she spoke with tears filling her eyes.

"You're really fucked up Shelby... please leave"

And without hesitation she grabbed her jacket from the chair and slammed the door on her way out.