All I Need Is a Hug.

New story, just wrote it on my iPod, and decided to copy it on to here. Hope you like it!

After my parents and brothers funeral I go to the bar that my cousin owns. Standing in the doorway, I see two people from the funeral here. Silent, and sipping their drinks. I go to the bar and sit on an old stool. My heart is pounding, my black dress is suddenly a little tighter than I thought. "Hey, Paul. Can I have a...strong drink?" I say, I remember my brother saying the exact same words on his twenty first birthday. A tear slips from my eye, I don't bother to reach up and get it, but someone else does. I close my eyes at the warm touch of the fingertip that gently swipes off the fallen tear.

I open my eyes to see Paul pouring drinks. My cousin nods and while he clinks glases together trying to fill them. I look up to grey stormy eyes, Hudson, my brothers bestfriend, or used to be. His thumb hovers over my cheek. I pull him into an extremely tight hug, my hands around his neck and his around my waist. He is hesitant at first before I lean my head against his chest. His grip instantly tightens from the used to be loose hold. I cry silently into this chest while he rubs my back gently.

"It's okay." he whispers in my ear. "It's going to be okay." I smile at his words, they were spoken so many times at the funeral, but this time I believe them. He sits down on the stool and pulls me on his lap. His arms wrap tightly around me, I put my hands on his own. When my drink comes, Paul sets the shot glass onto the napkin that is used as a coaster. I quickly take the shot without hesitation.

The cool liquid goes down my throat quickly so that I can't really taste it. Hudson says something I don't understand. Then I am lifted bridal style, the black tool of the dress flows all around me. My black plat form heels that have small silver studs all around them kill my feet. "Where am I going?" I ask Hudson. Turning my head to look at him my breath catches in my throat. Seeing him with tears flowing rapidly down his cheeks. He goes frozen and closes his eyes tightly.

I raise my hand and put it against his damp cheek softly. I push my other hand through his hair. My hand slipping through his silky jet black hair. I tug softly on the fist full of hair that I have gathered. "I'm taking you home." he finallly whispers. His eyes still are closed, but he opens them a few seconds later and we begin to walk. We walk out of the out of the bar into the cold air, my hands both go to the nape of his neck. "Will you lay with me tonight?" he asks me in an almost inaudible voice.

My fingertips go in a circle on his neck and shoulders. My lips are against his ear as I speak. "I was hoping you would lay with me too." I don't think I am ready to be left alone, not yet. I don't think he is either. I let my head fall against his shoulder. Tears falling freely down my cheek and onto his shirt. I drift off to sleep while Hudson carries me.

I wake up from a door slamming and a curse. Hudson carries me down a hallway into a very modern apartment. I shift my body so I can see where we are going more clearly. He walks down further into the hallway and opens the door gently, flipping on the lights the room in shown with a dim light. He brings his eyes down at me, looking surprised that I am up. He gently puts me down on the bed, he unzips the zipper on the side of the dress. He pulls a grey tee on before pulling it all the way off. I don't know where my shoes went, but I'm glad they are off. His warm hands go onto my bare back, but trying to get off the bra I have on. I arch my back so he can unclasp it. I smile at him as he looks down at me.

He lifts me up and puts me under the warm sheets and comforter. He soon follows after turning off the lights making it pitch black. He leaves a lot of room between us, I get on my hands and knees and crawl over to his side. My hands hit his chest before my eyes can fully adjust to the darkness. He flips me over, moving me as close as possible. My back is up against his chest. He wraps his arms around me. I bring his hand to my lips and kiss his palm. "Goodnight Hudson." I whisper.

He kisses my temple lightly while playing with my long brown hair. "Goodnight Avery."