When Wishes Come True :)

It is Shivaay's birthday tomorrow and he is away in Delhi for a deal!
While he is not even aware of the time of the day, Annika plans to give him a birthday surprise!! But, will she be able to do it? Or, is she going to face some hurdles?!

***************************************

"Finally Mishra.. Good they agreed on the deal. You send me the documents once you review them. I will verify after I reach my room" Shivaay spoke on his phone, walking into the hotel lobby when Mishra suggested him to take some rest.

"No issues. I am free and I will not sleep until late. So, should be fine. Just send them to me. I am going to have dinner now. Will reach my room in roughly twenty minutes" he said disconnecting the call, hoping there was something left for him to eat in the hotel dining. As he locked his phone, there it was, his wife's photo, the one he had clicked during their last outing to a resort.

"You know what, Annika. Mishra is asking me why I won't sleep until late night. How can I tell him it is tough to go to sleep without you by my side?" he pouted caressing her face on his phone's lock screen.

As he entered the restaurant area, he was surprised to find his favorite pasta available that late in the night, though it happened to be the only item left. He had come all the way to Delhi to finalize a deal and after a lot of talks, it was almost half past ten by the time things came to a closure. It was just a two day trip, but Shivaay missed his family, precisely Annika, a lot more than he had expected.

She had been running on his thoughts all day from morning.

"I just hope I don't pounce on her when I get home" he smiled rubbing his neck. "Hmm.. not bad.. when we are hungry, even the left over pasta tastes so good. But, why do I feel it tastes so much like the one Annika had prepared for me last month. Annika, can't take you off my mind babe" he thought to himself with some chills running down his spine.

After what he felt like a sumptuous meal for that time of the night, he decided to walk into his room. He sat down on the bed loosening his tie, thinking of the long day he had encountered. But, as soon as he sat, there was a continuous beep, that sounded more like a fire alarm, leaving him baffled. As a reflex, he immediately stood up to realize the sound had stopped.

"Ha. Must be a false alarm!" he sighed sitting down to get freaked out yet again by the same sound. Only after a few moments of composing himself did he realize that the sound was coming from his bed itself.

He lifted the comforter to find a small timer like object with a note attached to it.

"Welcome to the second surprise of the evening, sir! We are happy to let you know that you will be the first to use the new signature collection, cologne fragrance placed in the washroom. Happy bathing :)" the note read leaving behind a shocked Shivaay.

"Well, I know this hotel gives weird surprises, Rishi had warned me. But, did not expect a surprise bath. By the way, second surprise?? Haa, must be a typo mistake" he chuckled entering the washroom. Of course, his university friend Rishi had suggested this hotel to him and already warned him about their unique ways of surprising their customers with bizarre methods of welcome. Shivaay had arrived in Delhi late the previous day and so had directly gone for his meeting to come back only late in the night!

"Well, probably an ajeeb 'send-off' since I was not here for the 'welcome' party!" Shivaay chuckled.

Minutes later, he stepped out of the bath whistling his favourite tune.

"Hmm that was a nice body wash! Should order one asking the hotel authorities about the same" he thought adjusting his hair in front of the mirror when he found another note right there on the dressing table.